Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Martinez saying Stones isn't for sale (again) doesn't mean anything. Hlollies all the time. Manager's have to. No matter how far down the line (or not) negotiations are, he would never say that. What he should say is "we don't want to sell him, but we will if a silly deadline day bid comes in. Then we will be signing players with that money".

No inside info here at all, just my own opinion. But I think Stones will go on deadline day. I think about 3 days before the window shuts he will put in a transfer request. Then Martinez gets to use his "we didn't want to sell, but at the same time we don't want to keep people here who aren't committed" line. Plus the request will cancel any signing on fee Stones would have been due. Nothing will happen without a transfer request because then Stones looks like the bad guy. Same with Rooney, Lescott, Arteta, Rodwell, and Fellaini.

I think the Stones transfer/lack of transfer is obviously affecting our dealings. At the moment we are probably looking for 5-10mil players, but if Stones goes that will obviously change drastically.

This is exactly why the window should shut before the season starts!
Sooooo many wrongs in this post.

I think what Martinez said about Stones also puts pressure on the board. He's said it now so imagine what happens if they decide to accept an offer for him now? There would be a huge uproar.

Sorry mate.

I can see Austin at Spurs, just seems like the sort of signing they'd make and they've shifted a couple of strikers as well so must be pretty lightweight other than Kane.

especially as they are selling soldado, seems a shoe-in...ive asked @Yid4life about it, but he hasnt replied, he either hates me or is a typical unreliable spurs supporter

i can picture the following scene in a couple of weeks.

We havent signed anyone at that point.
We have gained at most 1 point from our next two games
We wake up on deadline day to find out Chelsea have come back with an improved bid for Stones.
One of lukaku/del/MCCarthy pick up a semi serious injury
All reported targets signed for other clubs

Call me negative buy can anyone else see this? the problem here i think is not necesserily the lack of transfer activity but the 'looking to strengthen' attitude along with all the other mystical soundbytes. Fact of the matter is, if roberto came out and said we will sign 3 first team players by the end of the window, i think we would all be a little bit more relieved about the whole thing.

My other worry is last summer will happen, and these 3 players he wants to sign, two of them are the young argentine and holgate.

Think you need to change your avatar mate. I'm sure this window will pick up, even if it's far later than we all want.

X9cU9WOhJ4owqO5L2R8iH5K5bEqJHpJa-zeb-AmFZugW9go0_tDJuFrUocZMLh4mVQHBKSjCgotTIgxrbQh0-runeuK2qUcT1mQ9jH8v-yhHzsml8w=w516-h285-nc

Hahahaha see what you two jokers have done there, hahaha

REPORTED.

No-one likes a grass. REPOR ... carry on.

Ah, just seen this.
Still, that's life, if people hadn't gone off on one they wouldn't have been banned.

Now we know who's the good cop and bad cop.

Just realised that word's inappropriate. You're both fine police officers.

Martinez saying Stones isn't for sale (again) doesn't mean anything. Hlollies all the time. Manager's have to. No matter how far down the line (or not) negotiations are, he would never say that. What he should say is "we don't want to sell him, but we will if a silly deadline day bid comes in.

Silly money would have to be £50m, and no one is going to pay that now. Another good season for Stones, he'll be worth £50m, that's why the board on this occasion are happy he stays because they know his stock is just going to keep rising.

Agreed, just seems daft that they choose to let it drag on into the opening weeks of the season.

Agree mate. The only thing dragging the window out into the start of the season does is give the money clubs even more of an advantage.

They essentially get to "test drive" other teams players. See how they have started the season, see how they look in the prem etc. then they get to unsettle the player which unsettles the club. This means lesser clubs get off to a bad start and have to play catch up all season.

The lesser/non-money clubs have to then play catch up without their better player, and with players they ha to scrabble around for at the last minute and play over-inflated prices to get.

It's just giving yet another unfair advantage to help preserve the status quo.

Think you need to change your avatar mate. I'm sure this window will pick up, even if it's far later than we all want.

X9cU9WOhJ4owqO5L2R8iH5K5bEqJHpJa-zeb-AmFZugW9go0_tDJuFrUocZMLh4mVQHBKSjCgotTIgxrbQh0-runeuK2qUcT1mQ9jH8v-yhHzsml8w=w516-h285-nc

No-one likes a grass. REPOR ... carry on.

Now we know who's the good cop and bad cop.

Just realised that word's inappropriate. You're both fine police officers.
didnt realise my avatar suited the mood! lol

Silly money would have to be £50m, and no one is going to pay that now. Another good season for Stones, he'll be worth £50m, that's why the board on this occasion are happy he stays because they know his stock is just going to keep rising.

Think we'll get around 40mil for him. 35 after Barnsley take their sell on fee.

I know I know, Chelsea got 50mil from PSG for Luiz.

The problem is PSG act like Chelsea did in 2003/2004, or Man City in 08/09. When you first become a money club you have to chuck cash around to make the step up.

But Chelsea are now a European force so they can be more clever about things.

Plus they know we have no money.

how do we know he's interested? he's said nothing of the sort.

i just meant did you say you would like him here, journo brushes through the forum, plants it as a story and it gathers momentum from there.

I don't think so

If that was the case, he would have come out and said he wasn't interested. What's the point in having this tug of war with Southampton when you're not even interested in the player?

Any rumours at all?
Surely we have made some contacts if there is three coming in.

Nothing really mate.

Proper Dembele mentioned today in the crappy papers but all caveat it with Poccetino doesn't want to sell. Why bother writing it then hey?!

Anyways, I'd say Lennon is a given. Evans seems obvious but God I hope not.
The other one, not a bloody clue.

From
Calciomercato.com
Inter are still after Perisic - but don't want to pay the 17m euro.
Napoli would not sell Mertens to another Italian squad.

Let's hope we've jumped in with loan requests.

Think we'll get around 40mil for him. 35 after Barnsley take their sell on fee.

I know I know, Chelsea got 50mil from PSG for Luiz.

The problem is PSG act like Chelsea did in 2003/2004, or Man City in 08/09. When you first become a money club you have to chuck cash around to make the step up.

But Chelsea are now a European force so they can be more clever about things.

Plus they know we have no money.

You only need a few clubs to enter into a bidding war, City, Man U, Chelsea, and a couple of Europe's big hitters, then it's sky's the limit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back