Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last season, this season & I suspect next season are what I'd call "transitional" years. I fully expect at the start of next season towards maybe the end our oldest players in the team might be the likes of Kev, Coleman etc.
That looks to be the direction we're headed. I think 5 under the age of 22 on the pitch last game. Kids like 17 year old Dowell not far off and Ledson who's well thought of, as well as buying in lads like Holgate.

Yarmolenko could play up front as well mate, he's got the size and think he did play their earlier in his career when he was dubbed the new shevchenko sic

Suppose that could negate the need for a striker then. It'd also mean we'd have enough options on the wing and behind the striker that Naismith would only be used as a backup striker, and never behind. Maybe that's why Martinez said he only wanted 2 last week...

If we bought Yarmolenko we would have a very versatile set of wingers. All of them can play on either wing and Kevin, Yarmo and Del (maybe not McGeady) could play down the centre if needed.

Yep, think I would still prefer Lennon to McGeady though if that is possible and McGeady could be offloaded.

4 interesting choices for Martinez to pick just 1 from each game :)

Aye Barry was one that you can understand whilst not agreeing with, IF he'd played last season the same a sthe first we'd have hailed it as a great bit of business, he just hit the wall age wise and his legs have partly gone.

Hope he gets to see the project through as i do think he has a strong sense of what he wants here, IF he has the time and money though remains to be seen - next 8 games will pretty much tell us one way or the other though
Players at that age are a gamble. When it goes it goes pretty quickly.

I think as long as we're mid-table or thereabouts in the autumn he'll be ok. Having said that, I think things will be more than ok. I fancy this lot against better teams who come out than the dross in the PL. But anything around 14 points from the first ten games will be reasonable.

That looks to be the direction we're headed. I think 5 under the age of 22 on the pitch last game. Kids like 17 year old Dowell not far off and Ledson who's well thought of, as well as buying in lads like Holgate.

Don't forget Kenny too mate out on loan, think he could be the pick of the bunch personally

Suppose that could negate the need for a striker then. It'd also mean we'd have enough options on the wing and behind the striker that Naismith would only be used as a backup striker, and never behind. Maybe that's why Martinez said he only wanted 2 last week...

think Kone's start will have in Martinez's mind removed the urgency this season to bring a out and out striker in mate, possibly why the rumours of Yarmolenko started from as he may finally have decided 'exactly' what he can spend on who now

Players at that age are a gamble. When it goes it goes pretty quickly.

I think as long as we're mid-table or thereabouts in the autumn he'll be ok. Having said that, I think things will be more than ok. I fancy this lot against better teams who come out than the dross in the PL. But anything around 14 points from the first ten games will be reasonable.

think so myself mate, in my mind the two key things this season which will determine how we do our keeping hold of stones and bringing in someone who is genuinely at the level or above of the top players we have - Yarmolenko fits that bill, both those happen we could actually have a very very good season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back