Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeh I'd say hypothetically it's possible but there's no reason we can't do that without selling him over the next few windows. I just think saying Stones isn't for sale then selling him - if it happens - gives the wrong impression and then just invites more interest/bids for the Barkley's or future Dowell/Evans etc.

agree. i just think he's an exceptional talent and those players don't stay at a team hovering around the europa league spots these days. as seen with bale and suarez one good season ripping up the league and their off because you can't really say no the calibre of team interested. we should not be selling this window at all. no matter the fee. his value won't drop so i don't see the point in selling right before window's end with no structure in with what to do with the money. our season would be derailed until jan ... of when it would be too late to salvage anything.

by using a £50m fee to buy a top class keeper for £10m, top class centre back for about £12m and then another top class winger or backup striker for the leftover £28m.

obviously this is an example.

but it is possible to sell him for a massive fee and improve the first team and the squad as a whole. if stones got injured on his debut and never played again, whilst we severely strengthened then that is bridging the gap.
I see your point but that plan hasn't worked out recently for liverpool or spurs, teams charge you a premium knowing you have a ton of cash to spend, not to mention barnsley's cut. Think it's a non issue until at least next summer after Euros anyway

I hope I'm wrong I really really do but I'm not feeling optimistic at all for Yarmolenko. What's the latest? Heard there were other clubs in for him now. I will be gutted if we miss out on him.

I see your point but that plan hasn't worked out recently for liverpool or spurs, teams charge you a premium knowing you have a ton of cash to spend, not to mention barnsley's cut. Think it's a non issue until at least next summer after Euros anyway

why compare to liverpool's transfer policy? we can attract bigger names than them if the last two summers are anything to go by.

spurs bought some very highly rated players like soldado, lamela, lloris, vertonghan.

that club just seems to have a habit of turning highly rated players into turd.

@(null): Yarmolenko wants to leave Dynamo http://t.co/F0cGlmvUG8 #football #Футбол #UF #Динамо #fcdK #Ярмоленко

323bb89d3390f7591d2813749fd5967c.png

That's the article.

I think if we had even a slight chance of signing Yarmolenko, a few major news outlets would have picked up on it by now therefore I am going to sit on the pessimistic side of the fence on the whole affair.

In all honesty lads, i just think the board know we won't get him and are using this to paper over cracks while the window is open. Let's all be completely honest, he's not joining EBERTOH anytime soon.

I think if we had even a slight chance of signing Yarmolenko, a few major news outlets would have picked up on it by now therefore I am going to sit on the pessimistic side of the fence on the whole affair.

They have, just not English ones. Then again the English ones haven't exactly covered themselves in glory this transfer window, so no real surprise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back