Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lot of truth in that Davek , said it weeks ago prior to tonights goings on that we are to easy at the back with those two in tandem , both good but not as a unit.
Do chelsea need a keeper as well . Might soften the blow a bit if he went as well
Honestly mate, if this had happened weeks ago and if we'd done our business by now I wouldn't have lost too much sleep seeing Stones go. I woudn't have been as venomous toward Stones either, but he's left us right in it now.

Stones + Alcarez (ironically) was the only time I saw us as having a CB understanding with him in it...and that was for a handful of games late on a couple of seasons back. Good as he is as an individual, I just dont feel any loss in a footy sense with this feller going.

Honestly mate, if this had happened weeks ago and it we'd done our business by now I wouldn't have lost too much sleep seeing Stones go. I woudn't have been as venomous toward Stones either, but he's left us right in it now.

Stones + Alacarez (ironically) was the only time I saw us as having a CB understanding with him in it...and that was for a handful of games late on a couple of seasons back. Good as he is as an individual, I just dont feel any loss in a footy sense with this feller going.

This isn't something that he's only decided today though mate. I'd be very very surprised if he hadn't told Martinez weeks ago that he wanted to go and only now does he feel that he has to push it through. Not defending the snake, any player who hands in a transfer request at this club I will loathe, but he hasn't all of a sudden decided he wants to leave.

A bit optimistic, Holgate has been at the club at 10 days and Galloway has played 5 games at left back. We need a high quality centre-half to partner Jags and another of reasonable quality as back up for the inevitable injuries etc. The pressure on Jags for the next few games is going to be immense.

Which is still what I said we should get in that post! Funes Mori + a more experienced centre back to start alongside Jagielka.

Barnsley apparently rate Holgate more than they did Stones though. Him and Galloway just have that Stones feel about them, it's the composure. Galloway is a good egg, he'll be a centre back for us no doubt.

I don't agree that Bill Kenwright is under any more pressure than he ever has been, a plane around Southampton changes very little. Protest marches outside Goodison might be different.
John Stones is money in the bank, all that has to be decided is when and I think most of us could see next summer being a very long time to the close of the window. There is also the even greater amount of tv money to come in and quite a few of the elder lemons in the squad leaving the club in twelve monthsa largely to be replaced by the "golden generation". We have probably spent about 10m so far this window, I think another 15 is possible without selling.

This was posted almost exactly the same last season. The fact we're at the same place means that we haven't progressed. It means we haven't shown any ambition. It means we have gone backwards relative to every team around us last season.

This isn't something that he's only decided today though mate. I'd be very very surprised if he hadn't told Martinez weeks ago that he wanted to go and only now does he feel that he has to push it through. Not defending the snake, any player who hands in a transfer request at this club I will loathe, but he hasn't all of a sudden decided he wants to leave.
Apparently last week it happened - dont know how true. But he's said on the Singapore tour he wanted to stay. That's his prerogative to change his mind. And it's my prerogative to hope he leaves asap and rots on the Chelsea bench. He's done us precisely no favours.

Well I am sure within those conversations with Martinez he was told, your not going, your not for sale.

Therein lies the issue.

Honestly mate, if this had happened weeks ago and if we'd done our business by now I wouldn't have lost too much sleep seeing Stones go. I woudn't have been as venomous toward Stones either, but he's left us right in it now.

Stones + Alcarez (ironically) was the only time I saw us as having a CB understanding with him in it...and that was for a handful of games late on a couple of seasons back. Good as he is as an individual, I just dont feel any loss in a footy sense with this feller going.

Come on you have to admit we losing a player who will be the best defender in the league in a few years

For all the stick he got Distan /jags looked better together prior to last year.
Not sure what to think about stones putting in a request, timing stinks but are we getting fed a line here, we take the money he takes the heat in return for a transfer , never know what to think anymore with this lot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back