Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
CN1KDMWWUAABKVS.jpg

So?

I don't think we were signing him even if we had of sold Stones. I think it was just to cover up losing out to Stoke for Shaqiri.

The chances of us signing Yarmolenko were always going to be small. There's no way Martinez would pin his most important transfer on Yarmolenko without giving him time to move on to other targets.

Personally I think Payet was the player we were interested in and when he choose West Ham and Barkley's form improved we dropped the idea.

We
Didnt
Bid
For
Shakira
Or
Payet

im sure you just make things up repeatably as you go along
I think if you look back I have been proved right. I said we wouldn't get a No 10 back in July and would be left with Lennon and Evans. Ok I got Evans wrong but I think that was just because Jose pissed Martinez off.

No idea if we were "late". No later than 5 other clubs who all got rejected either by player or owner I would guess. Not a clue re January. We can sign a preliminary with him then though.
I think we've probably missed any chance of getting him now, unfortunately. Do you know if we ever considered meeting the asking price but then loaning him back to Kiev? Either until Jan or later depending on how they do in the Champions League? If the money was there for the purchase it wouldn't really have made any difference to us as we don't seem to have any other options lined up but we could have stood a much better chance of having him longer term.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back