Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Trivia Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thanks. I'm struggling with this question - I suspect it's only this season (incredibly)

When was the first time Everton named a starting XI of full internationals - so that could be either:

"Full internationals at the time of playing" or "Eleven players who subsequently went on to be full caps" - I have a sneaking feeling that it hasn't happened before recently (when Sylvain was injured, ditto Hibbert - now that Ossie is a full international) - previously we always seemed to have one of Sylvain, Hibbert, Ossie or Arteta (for example) in the starting XI and of course back in the 80s (packed full of internationals) we usually had one of Mountie or Paul Power in the team - so can anyone find an example of Everton starting XI being full internationals (or becoming full internationals if we are being liberal in interpretation). The only other time might have been in the 60s (possibly pre-Howard Kendall with Johnny Morrissey and others not playing)

Thanks. I'm struggling with this question - I suspect it's only this season (incredibly)

When was the first time Everton named a starting XI of full internationals - so that could be either:

"Full internationals at the time of playing" or "Eleven players who subsequently went on to be full caps" - I have a sneaking feeling that it hasn't happened before recently (when Sylvain was injured, ditto Hibbert - now that Ossie is a full international) - previously we always seemed to have one of Sylvain, Hibbert, Ossie or Arteta (for example) in the starting XI and of course back in the 80s (packed full of internationals) we usually had one of Mountie or Paul Power in the team - so can anyone find an example of Everton starting XI being full internationals (or becoming full internationals if we are being liberal in interpretation). The only other time might have been in the 60s (possibly pre-Howard Kendall with Johnny Morrissey and others not playing)

Howard Neville jagielka heitinga Baines Felliani Rodwell Osman pienaar Coleman Saha

That would do it wouldn't it?? Surely that lineup happened during mikels injury?

Didn't realize it said first time.......

I have an exact game though. After mikels injury.

Everton 2-1 Middlesbrough
8 march 2009
Howard jagielka Yobo lescott Baines Osman Neville Rodwell pienaar Felliani cahill

I reckon it was 80's, remember a game with a whole bunch of International Captains ?

memory probably isnt serving me correctly but The Rat, The Pole, Rehn & some others, remember at the time we were saying that 5 on the pitch had captained their country.

Reidy's example meets the (future) capped XI with Rodwell and Osman in the team. I think we may have achieved it with substitutiions at sone point as well. Anyway I will try to look on Everton Results or Breedon Books later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back