TV Series

TLOU is very good but original Walking Dead shades it for me. Despite the utter mess it turned into, the first few seasons were great. This one's all style and not much substance yet. I'll stick around till season 2 to see Ellie get super jacked and beat the crap out of Abby.

Poker Face with Natasha Lyonne is quality. I get why she was playing Among Us with Benoit Blanc in Knives Out now. The new Columbo and a direction I was not expecting.

Gold Rush S13. Wonder whats happened to Rick Ness? Shame to see him go as Fred is really annoying.

Happy Valley. Why has it taken so long? Brilliant show.

His Dark Materials. Can't believe i sat through 75% of that. Rubbish.
Happy Valley ?? Took so long for what?

Oh I see, The Writer deliberately did this as she wanted to cast the same actor who played Ryan, she wanted to portray how a Teenager would cope with the situation

Strange one as kids usually grow out of acting, but fair play if thats how they planned it. Long time between paydays for the rest of the cast!

Binged Shining Girls in 2 days. A sort of sci fi crime thriller directed by and starring Elizabeth Moss that is streaming on Apple. Interesting premise that starts well and sort of limps to the finish line due to the inherent problems with time travel as a plot device and the logical holes that always go with it. The mystery is always better than the reveal. Still decent though and don't regret watching it, well directed and strong performance from the ever-compelling Moss. 6.5 quantum wormholes out of 10

The Last of Us episode 3 was amazing. An incredible example of how you can adapt source material, build on it and it make it into something even better. Incredible performances from all involved.
I agree, really excellent and powerful acting.

I’m trying to watch it as it’s own product rather than as the game. Which is difficult as I’m playing the game alongside it.
and then it just skipped a whole chunk with the school which I was really excited to see Nick Offerman do alongside Pascal (2 of my favourite actors) but the episode was excellent in its own right

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back