TV Series

The Last of Us episode 3 was amazing. An incredible example of how you can adapt source material, build on it and it make it into something even better. Incredible performances from all involved.

Absolutely fantastic. A lovely self-contained story that still fit perfectly into the wider picture

TLOU is very good but original Walking Dead shades it for me. Despite the utter mess it turned into, the first few seasons were great. This one's all style and not much substance yet. I'll stick around till season 2 to see Ellie get super jacked and beat the crap out of Abby.

This is possibly the McBainiest take I've ever seen

Third episode of Last of Us reminded me too much of The Walking Dead albeit done to a way better standard. Glad it’s only gonna be the one episode rather than an entire season or two dedicated to this type of stuff like the walking dead.

Just a very simple but clever premise that has been very well executed. It’s not trying to be something beyond its means, like a lot of these kinda things do. I dunno how it can maintain this in later series though.
It's not exactly simple though, is it? Also what are a lot of those other shows? lol

Seeing as it's simple but clever - did you expect all the twists and turns along the way?
Do you have explanations for all the bizarro stuff happening around inside?

Half way through series 2 of Happy Valley. Can't believe it's taken me so long to get around to watching it. Just never fancied it I suppose. Sarah Lancashire is just so good in it, as is James Norton in fairness. Loved him in McMafia. If i'd known Charlie Murphy was in it I'd have watched it sooner. lol
I binged watched the first 2 series over Xmas, I never fancied it back in the day but needed something to watch so did and have enjoyed it. See Charlie bought herself a new nose for series 3 ?

I binged watched the first 2 series over Xmas, I never fancied it back in the day but needed something to watch so did and have enjoyed it. See Charlie bought herself a new nose for series 3 ?
Has she? Just finished series 2 last night so haven't started 3 yet. But she hadn't had her nose done last time i saw her which was in Peaky Blinders I think. She's a very beautiful woman and I see no reason why she would feel the need to have her nose altered.

It's not exactly simple though, is it? Also what are a lot of those other shows? lol

Seeing as it's simple but clever - did you expect all the twists and turns along the way?
Do you have explanations for all the bizarro stuff happening around inside?
I would say the initial premise is but it gets more complex along the way. I think the next series might struggle to keep that focus.

I would say the initial premise is but it gets more complex along the way. I think the next series might struggle to keep that focus.
They left enough loose ends to have quite a lot going for them, ultimately we'll see soon really but still have no doubt that S2 will have enough new/surprise/explanations to keep it going strong.

Ultimately we'll see for further on as I really don't think it's a milkable series, unless they completely restart it somewhere else in the world, so to say, or do a prequel or something like that...

Has she? Just finished series 2 last night so haven't started 3 yet. But she hadn't had her nose done last time i saw her which was in Peaky Blinders I think. She's a very beautiful woman and I see no reason why she would feel the need to have her nose altered.
Well when you watch Sean 3 you will notice, agree she lovely and no need to change anything

Given the gap between series 2 and 3 It’s just come back to me that Charlie Murphy is siobhan from love/hate . I’d completely forgotten, same actress in two of my favourite series.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back