TV Series

I've got me 5 free weeks of Apple telly banked so we'll be hammering that exclusively. 3 episodes into Monarch and 3 into Ted Lasso sofar, really liking both.

Also got Silo, Slow Horses, For All Mankind, Essex Serpent lined up, and Masters Of The Air when that lands.

Any others to check?

Platonic, Still Up for some comedies

Foreign shows: Drops of God, Pachinko

Some top recs there, thank you chaps. Blackbird is defo one for us, and Severance. Might sample Foundation and Mythic Quest, trailers have got me interested.

What about Invasion? Think I read some lukewarm thoughts on here a while back
Invasion is a bit of a mixed bag. At times it gives the feel that you are engaged with a big budget production but it also manages to feel like a regional BBC production too.

Fool Me Once sucks balls.
Wretched viewing.
The acting.
No likeable characters. (particularly the Irish Miltitary Policeman who was deffo having a tug every night thinking of the main character)
No attempt to make the military scenes even a tiny bit realistic.
The awful family of toffs.
The caricature investagitive journalist.
Is anyone enjoying the gladiators reboot?! Great family viewing ..apart from Bradley Walsh and his son as hosts for God sake!
What strikes me is how bloody useless every one of the male gladiators are!

Also, the girl who won last night: You doing the worm was mildly amusing one time. That's enough.

Wretched viewing.
The acting.
No likeable characters. (particularly the Irish Miltitary Policeman who was deffo having a tug every night thinking of the main character)
No attempt to make the military scenes even a tiny bit realistic.
The awful family of toffs.
The caricature investagitive journalist.

What strikes me is how bloody useless every one of the male gladiators are!

Also, the girl who won last night: You doing the worm was mildly amusing one time. That's enough.
It's just nice to watch something with the kids that isn't complete inane rubbish, but it is all a bit pathetic haha

I've got me 5 free weeks of Apple telly banked so we'll be hammering that exclusively. 3 episodes into Monarch and 3 into Ted Lasso sofar, really liking both.

Also got Silo, Slow Horses, For All Mankind, Essex Serpent lined up, and Masters Of The Air when that lands.

Any others to check?
My nephew (sisters eldest) is in masters of the air, not a main character but I’ve seen a trailer and he was in that.

Finished series four of Line of Duty last night. Unlike the rest of the population I missed it first time round.

Talk about fast-paced! You can't take your eyes off it despite the plot having more holes than Rigsby's cardie and I have to confess I wasn't sure what on earth was going on half the time.

One thing is clear. It's all a massive conspiracy. Also anyone whose name begins with "H" is immediately under suspicion from now on.

Is anyone enjoying the gladiators reboot?! Great family viewing ..apart from Bradley Walsh and his son as hosts for God sake!
Not a bad idea to bring it back for family early evening Saturday viewing, but surely they could have found someone/anyone better to host it than Bradley Walsh, as if he isn’t on telly enough! As for pairing him up alongside his flippin’ son :red:!

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back