Ukraine invasion and the sanction of Oligarchs

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was just wondering what sanctions could look like for Russian companies that have stakes in global businesses and ventures (ie Everton)
Currently sanctions would be against anyone who invests into the two new independent states. No doubt there's a workaround if it's for vital to quality of life infrastructure like telephone infrastructure from the likes of Megafon.

My guess is we'd probably have to lose the USM/ Megafon deals but not much else as we're owned by Moshiri. How much this impacts us, I have no idea.

As for stadium finance, good question but I'm sure it stands on it's own merit but may be slightly more of a cost if a mysterious benefactor struggles to get money available as needed.

Other than that, the preseason games against Donetsk Rovers and Lughansk Utd are off.

Why didn’t someone put in some false names for the liberal MP to read out like what happened at goodison;
Udya Nickyrnackaov
Paul Menobov

Or names like that….

Missed opportunity if you ask me

Currently 3 Russian oligarchs have had their funds frozen in the UK
The incomparably incompetent Foreign secretary Ms Truss suggesting more will follow as sanctions “ramp up “ This could get ugly for us or are locally significant football supporting oligarchs and billionaires off the table ?

What about the lives destroyed if Putin invades that is more important than a few Russian billionaires.

No chance, the Russians oligarchs have major financial interest in the Tory party as benefactors and friends of benefactors, they won't go after anyone significant.

Those closest to Putin will get sanctioned and I think Abramovitch is already under sanctions.

Don’t think Usmanov is though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back