Ukraine invasion and the sanction of Oligarchs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Screenshot_20220224_032000.webp

It’s not just being his ‘mate’ though is it?
He is an important and powerful supporter and close ally of Putin and his government.
A government that is currently invading a major European country and pushing the world to the brink of war.
Everton Football Club should never be associated with acts of military oppression.

Sorry but that’s still shafting ourselves for no reason. It’s not like Usmanov is funding the war effort is he. No majorly rich person is clean. Moshiri won’t be clean.

Sorry but that’s still shafting ourselves for no reason. It’s not like Usmanov is funding the war effort is he. No majorly rich person is clean. Moshiri won’t be clean.
Think it's a bit of wishful thinking to go with the he's just a mate approach.

What about the lives destroyed if Putin invades that is more important than a few Russian billionaire
What about the lives destroyed if Putin invades that is more important than a few Russian billionaires.
Yes of course lives are going to be needlessly lost … but this is an Everton football club thread so I made an Everton football club related comment …. Not sure I need to be held to account for that ?
But while we are there do you think a minor inconvenience to 3 rich men is going to save lives ? That conversation belongs in the current affairs thread …….

Usmanov has Russian and Uzbek citizenship.

Moshiri also has dual nationality- British and Iranian.

And now we get to see one of the benefits of having Moshiri in charge and no hard link back to Usmanov. The UK loves to launder money and what better way to get an asset in a safe haven like the UK than a shiny new stadium.
I wonder if Usmanov has a trusted accountant who keeps his money squirreled away in a wide range of clever places that remove links to Russia.

Oh.

Was never happy with the acceptance of dirty money. In fact, the unavoidable presence of it at the top level of football will, I suspect, one day turn me off it and onto my non-league club full-time. Nobody should be pleased about the people's sport becoming the plaything of some of the worst people on earth.

I wonder if Usmanov has a trusted accountant who keeps his money squirreled away in a wide range of clever places that remove links to Russia.

Oh.
I don't think owning a Russian newspaper, owning several mining interests in Russia a massive multi billion telecommunications headquartered in Russia with many of these interests and more in a Russia based holdings company does that good a job at removing links with Russia. Especially when you're a Russian citizen with a few state honour medals pinned to your chest.

Thankfully the financial links with the club are impossible to see.....

0_JS205429238.jpg

Lampard-joins-Everton.jpg

nothingtodowithusmanov.webp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back