upcoming films

Looks flash, but I'm skeptical of anything Ridley Scott's involved with these days.
One of those directors who loves the smell of his own farts. The amount of high budget crap he's put his name behind over the past few decades is incredible. Had his peak as a film maker 40 years ago, I'm amazed production companies still trust him with a big budget these days.

Looks flash, but I'm skeptical of anything Ridley Scott's involved with these days.
One of those directors who loves the smell of his own farts. The amount of high budget crap he's put his name behind over the past few decades is incredible. Had his peak as a film maker 40 years ago, I'm amazed production companies still trust him with a big budget these days.
Disagree a bit although I do hear your argument, he's made some crackin stuff in those 40 years, not least the first Gladiator, but also American Gangster, Black Hawk Down and the Martian more recently, but his hit rate has definitely been on the decline.

Disagree a bit although I do hear your argument, he's made some crackin stuff in those 40 years, not least the first Gladiator, but also American Gangster, Black Hawk Down and the Martian more recently, but his hit rate has definitely been on the decline.
Looking at his filmography, it's definitely 50:50.
For every Last Duel there's a Napoleon, for The Martian there's a House of Gucci, and let's not mention the last 2 Alien abominations.

They are still visually stunning but with Villeneuve on the block, it's not enough.

That said, I'm hopeful after seeing that trailer

Looking at his filmography, it's definitely 50:50.
For every Last Duel there's a Napoleon, for The Martian there's a House of Gucci, and let's not mention the last 2 Alien abominations.

They are still visually stunning but with Villeneuve on the block, it's not enough.

That said, I'm hopeful after seeing that trailer

Honestly don’t get the hate for Prometheus and Covenant. I think their problem is they’re part of a franchise with one of the greatest horror films ever and one of the greatest action films ever. Genuinely think as stand alone films they’re alright. The themes and expansion of the world I enjoyed. I’d never yuk another man’s yum or tell him what he should like but honestly I enjoyed them

Honestly don’t get the hate for Prometheus and Covenant. I think their problem is they’re part of a franchise with one of the greatest horror films ever and one of the greatest action films ever. Genuinely think as stand alone films they’re alright. The themes and expansion of the world I enjoyed. I’d never yuk another man’s yum or tell him what he should like but honestly I enjoyed them

The Prometheus we should have got would have been amazing.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back