Usmanov

Status
Not open for further replies.
The exact area where Usmanov was born is pretty much irrelevant in the scheme of things, even if he has a British passport (?). The reality is the Western world are targeting Russian Oligarchs like Usmanov and scrutinising his relationship with Putin.

Sorry, but some of my fellow Evertonians simply don't understand the world we live in.
He's not a Russian Oligarch though he's from Uzbekistan which is like 1000 odd miles away from Russia. Think that's the point people are make. He does have Russian ties and connections though.

He's not a Russian Oligarch though he's from Uzbekistan which is like 1000 odd miles away from Russia. Think that's the point people are make. He does have Russian ties and connections though.

He is a Russian Oligarch by definition. Yes, he was born in Uzbekistan but completely meaningless in context to current affairs.

10 out 10 for geography. Fat Sam zero for understanding 'world affairs'.

Getting a bit weird now this. He is Russian. It’s a fact, he is. Well done everyone for being able to google his birthplace and try to sound smart about it, but he is a Russian citizen, so is, to all intents and purposes, Russian.

The exact area where Usmanov was born is pretty much irrelevant in the scheme of things, even if he has a British passport (?). The reality is the Western world are targeting Russian Oligarchs like Usmanov and scrutinising his relationship with Putin.

Sorry, but some of my fellow Evertonians simply don't understand the world we live in.
Haha you really need to take a step down from your pomposity step, you're beginning to sound like Jacob Rees Moog.
Now please talk facts and not media conjecture.

Getting a bit weird now this. He is Russian. It’s a fact, he is. Well done everyone for being able to google his birthplace and try to sound smart about it, but he is a Russian citizen, so is, to all intents and purposes, Russian.

In one of his rare interviews he calls himself Russian. He distanced himself from his home country because they threw him in jail.

I think its weirder people getting on their high horse about it. He was born in a country 1000 miles away from Russia yet he's Russian? He grew up in Uzbekistan and went to uni in Russia and worked there. I grew up in Ireland and went to uni in England then continued to work there, does that make me English now? Tbh I couldn't care where he's from either way mate just trying to point out what other people are saying is correct, technically he ain't Russian but maybe I'm being pedantic. Truthfully, all I care about is if he's coming here officially or not.

I think its weirder people getting on their high horse about it. He was born in a country 1000 miles away from Russia yet he's Russian? He grew up in Uzbekistan and went to uni in Russia and worked there. I grew up in Ireland and went to uni in England then continued to work there, does that make me English now? Tbh I couldn't care where he's from either way mate just trying to point out what other people are saying is correct, he ain't Russian but maybe I'm being pedantic. Truthfully, all I care about is if he's coming here officially or not.
I’m not on my high horse, I’m just confused why loads of people are jumping in laughing at someone saying he’s Russian when... he is. Are you an English citizen and do you think of yourself as English? If yes then yes you’re English. If no then thanks for your story but it has no relevance to the situation.

I’m not on my high horse, I’m just confused why loads of people are jumping in laughing at someone saying he’s Russian when... he is. Are you an English citizen and do you think of yourself as English? If yes then yes you’re English. If no then thanks for your story but it has no relevance to the situation.
All I'm saying is I can't find any info where he states he's Russian. He's plenty of Russian links but nowhere does it actually say this man is a Russian.

All I'm saying is I can't find any info where he states he's Russian. He's plenty of Russian links but nowhere does it actually say this man is a Russian.

Google is your friend ...

“It was always a challenge for me to prove that a Russian financial investor can be as successful in the West as back at home in Russia,” Usmanov said in a two-hour conversation over tea and central Asian delicacies at his mansion outside Moscow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back