VAR

Both goals today I was barely able to properly celebrate because in situations like those they move hell and earth to find some reason to disallow them. Even when it doesn't actually ruin it it still sort of ruins it.
Same here, it's ruined my enjoyment of watching games. When you went crazy after scoring, now you have to wait for them to find a reason, not to give us a goal. Other than Mereyside Derbies, I'd say decisions evened themselves out. Even with VAR we still get awful decisions week in week out.

A deliberate play on the ball.

‘If the pass, attempt to gain possession or CLEARANCE by the player is inaccurate or unsuccessful, this does not negate the fact that the player deliberately played the ball’
There are other considerations. In fact one of the videos on the IFAB website demonstrating non-deliberate play is almost to a tee what Romero did today. I don't think you want that to reset the phase either, you'd be furious if an opposition player was rendered onside because Tarkowski stretched to head clear from a free kick.

Anyway, it doesn't matter, it was a goal.

There are other considerations. In fact one of the videos on the IFAB website demonstrating non-deliberate play is almost to a tee what Romero did today. I don't think you want that to reset the phase either, you'd be furious if an opposition player was rendered onside because Tarkowski stretched to head clear from a free kick.

Anyway, it doesn't matter, it was a goal.

Not for me. One of the criteria states that ‘the ball travelled from distance and the player had a clear view of it’. Which is exactly what happened. I’d be fine if it happened against us because that is the rule.