VAR

I saw absolutely nothing today to suggest these fellas aren’t cheating, match fixing scum bags. The people that still refuse to see it are the looney tin foil hat wearing conspiracy theorists.
Compare and contrast the reverse fixture when Calvert-Lewin scored and it was disallowed they must have checked it about 20 times before they decided, it was like watching JFK when Kevin Costner was in the courtroom and analysing the Zapruder footage.

The second Tottenham goal there was a chance Gueye was fouled but it wasn't even looked at once.

But what would any player being offside from the free kick matter as none of our players touched the ball until Romero headed it back.
Before he headed it back the first kick forward they were looking to see if anyone was ahead of the ball. I mean let's be honest they don't need an excuse to disallow goals we scored I was half expecting a foul on the keeper for both goals!

But what would any player being offside from the free kick matter as none of our players touched the ball until Romero headed it back.
Fairly sure Romero's header would have been considered a deflection rather than a 'deliberate play', so Branthwaite would have been offside had he been in an offside position from the original free kick. There would be a debate to be had though definitely.

Fairly sure Romero's header would have been considered a deflection rather than a 'deliberate play', so Branthwaite would have been offside had he been in an offside position from the original free kick. There would be a debate to be had though definitely.
Not saying they wouldn't have tried it on, but making a deliberate play on the ball, fluffing it or not, is definitely a deliberate play of the ball.

….the PL have issued these Everton VAR lines to referees HQ;

IMG_7830.jpeg