VAR

If Everton did not exist I would never watch this joke of a sport ever again. It is designed for a global TV audience and gambling. The little people who referee all want their two minutes in the spotlight. The players think they are in a fraud wrestling match where you pretend to be hurt and incident has to be created where none exists. It is utterly pathetic.
You've absolutely nailed that mate. Agree 100% with every word - unfortunately.

It just isn't a red card, if their guidance is telling them that it is then it's wrong. The game needs clear decisions to be made based on the actual rules, with the expectation that sometimes borderline decisions could be deemed 'wrong'. It's absolutely not good enough making stinking decisions like this with the aid of video replays.

I personally don't think you can referee games based on previous decisions, and to be honest I think we're getting dangerously close to that.

Do you know what the rule is exactly and the guidance on application? I ask as I thought it generally was supposed to be punishing studs up challenges, especially above ball height, which you could say that was. So my point is you could say that was made on the actual rule. (altho I may have the rule details wrong)

Therefore I'd be more interested in hammering them on the inconsistencies than this particular decision

If Everton did not exist I would never watch this joke of a sport ever again. It is designed for a global TV audience and gambling. The little people who referee all want their two minutes in the spotlight. The players think they are in a fraud wrestling match where you pretend to be hurt and incident has to be created where none exists. It is utterly pathetic.
100%, mate. Even with Everton's existence, I'm a hairs breadth away from jacking it all in. It's just all so joyless.

Edit: jacking in the football, for clarification.

100%, mate. Even with Everton's existence, I'm a hairs breadth away from jacking it all in. It's just all so joyless.

Edit: jacking in the football, for clarification.
Think I’m done with it mate, the bias and corruption have finished me, and the decisions certain teams have got recently then that tonight for us is just the cherry on a very shitty cake. I’m just numb.

I’ll still love Everton, still go the game with my kids and to see my mates, but whatever this is that is happening on the pitch isn’t football anymore.

Always brings me back to this and you can see why we get the decisions we get as they have all been prepped to say it's a yellow, but if that was an Everton player doing that it becomes a straight red...

Two studs up challenges, one gets the ball and minimally catches the opposition and the other gets nowhere near the ball but clobbers the player full force. You would say they make it up as they go along but quite clearly they have a vendetta against Everton just because we boo them after their introduction before the match starts.

I actually liked VAR in 2018 world cup.

it was brought in to stop clear and obvious errors. If you have to draw a line, nothing To see. If you have to look at it in slow mo, nothing to see. If you have to look at it a second time, nothing to see.

it can be good, but has to be clear and obvious. It then takes 10 seconds so no impact on the game
Also, there were semi competent officials controlling it.
I do seem to remember though the penalty count went up quite significantly though.

VAR in theory works. As we're experiencing though, it's a far from perfect system. I've ranted previously about how poor it is, and my view point has not and (unless an overhaul happens) will not change.

England has by far the worst implementation of VAR in the world. These kind of decisions never happen in any other league. No one else is scrutinizing every moment of the game looking for things to punish or disallow.
Mistakes every now and then you can understand.
Everton aside, it's approximately each week, fortnight, that bald headed worm has to come out and try and explain/apologise for errors in a match.
How this system is fit for purpose is beyond me.

They don't even give the ref control over the video that's playing so he can scrub through it himself, everything's preselected for the decision making.

I've enjoyed football for a grand total of 2 weeks in the past 3 years with those 4 wins. Stopped watching out of sheer digust at how the Super League clubs were handled and only came back because Everton were in so much trouble. Honestly feeling the same way again now.