VAR

Unpopular opinion, but I dont think Oliver got the hand ball wrong. At least in line with the rules. It wasn't an unnatural arm position and if it was the other way around and they gave hand ball, I think it would be harsh.

Not saying he's a great ref by any stretch. Just think you're all clutching here.
Natural position is irrelevant with a deliberate handball, it’s literally the 1st line of the law with no mitigation.

It is an offence if a player:

• deliberately touches the ball with their hand/arm, for example moving the hand/arm towards the ball

We better be one of the clubs who vote to bin it at least in it's current form used by these absolute muppets. Loads of middle aged jumped up knobheads with a superiority complex making terrible decisions week in week out.

Howard Webb can f'ck clean off as well the bald tw,t.
It was an onfield decision to not give the handball wasn't it? In this instance VAR has told the ref to look again at a handball he hadn't given or had missed. I'm not entirely sure how this is something to put in the anti-VAR camp.

if it cant detect when a player gains an advantage from the ball 'hitting' his hand that leads to a goal then what's the point?
It can and did. Whoever was on VAR told the referee to look at it again.

The onfield referee disagreed. And the onfield ref has the final say on those decisions which is exactly what those against having VAR want. Anyone strongly against the use of VAR should be celebrating Michael Oliver for standing up to what has often been described as a tool that facilitates corruption.

It can and did. Whoever was on VAR told the referee to look at it again.

The onfield referee disagreed. And the onfield ref has the final say on those decisions which is exactly what those against having VAR want. Anyone strongly against the use of VAR should be celebrating Michael Oliver for standing up to what has often been described as a tool that facilitates corruption.
I'm stil;l baffled as to what the point of VAR is

Hmm. Eyeballing the with and without VAR tables (before todays games mind) it seems to have made no difference to anything. Same winners, same euro spots, same relegation.

The trade-off for how much it is ruining the sport just isn't worth it.

I mean just for the Coventry Utd cup semi it needs binning.

Today was an extension of the 'natural position of the hand/arm in the box not resulting in a penalty'.

With so much emphasis on the shifting sands of another cause celebre, it is another means to twist officials to the tune of the product as a whole.

If var gets suspended for a season, you watch, you just wait, a bad call or a clear offside or and the harlequins and harridans on the comms will be in with the 'I told you so's' quicker than a rat up a drain pipe.
Lets see come August, unless euro24 throws a spanner in the works.

I'm stil;l baffled as to what the point of VAR is
To assist with making decisions. It's been doing it for a few years with stuff like Moreno's disallowed goal when we played Villa or even something like Henderson's disallowed injury time 'winner' in the derby a few years back.

It was introduced due to strong support for video to be used in football as it was in many other sports.

Not sure how you're baffled after all this time.