Votes: 14 24.1%
  • Keep him, we need the goals

Votes: 44 75.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

johnnydawg68

Chairperson, People's Front of Saint Domingo
With Vaughny coming back from Palace do we sell him to buy in January or keep him and give him a chance in the side?

Sell. He is jinxed when he plays for us. He will get a game or two then get badly injured and spend another year out.

I'd like to see what he can do if healthy. If he can't get in the side and score goals between now and May, then sell him in the summer.

Its a hard one if we sell him he could come back to haunt us ,on the other hand how often is he fit?

He's ace for me on FIFA. And video games dont lie. Keep him!! He'll do better than our current crop of forwards.

He's a good player on his day but injuries have blighted his career more than nearly any player I remember. I'd give Vaughan another season personally, as, when fit for palace he's looked a class above from what i've heard.

Keep, he's still young and hopefully can grow over his injuries. The boy got massive potential for me, so yes, give him another change. We've got nothing to lose and everything to gain with Vaughany.

Keep him. He's got the talent and skill. He's been unlucky with injuries but whenever he plays, he brings a spark with him.
Selling him would mean we get maximum 4 million and who would you buy for 4 million in January when the market is inflated and hardly anyone is for sale.

You're gona sell Saha next summer or he'll leave himself.

That leaves you with beckford,yakubu,anichebe and Vaughan. Then Yakubu, Anichebe,Vaughan,Beckford is all you got and that means that you need a new proven striker to be bought which by seeling Vaughan for 4 million won't get you.

So it's better to arrange funds from somewhere else or else hang on to the lad cos he's a terrific prospect. I always believe in him. He's the most passionate striker we have at Everton.

He's had time to get up to speed at CP, it would be a travesty not to give him a chance in the first team as a christmas gift. Picking by form, Saha is bottom of the pecking order with Vaughan just behind him. 20 minutes as a sub off for Beckford in an upcoming easy game, and maybe a start or an entire half in the FA cup. If he doesn't show anything else than the rot which has been bothering his game, flog him off to Wigan for £3m. I'm not a fan of being harsh on youngsters, but he really has to show if he's able to compete, cause we got Hallam Hope coming up behind him, haha.

I would keep Vaughan especially after he completed his 3 months loan at Palace without getting himself injured, which is unheard of in the last few season, it normally is if he could stay fit for more than a month or two, it's already a miracle.

I don't think many of us would doubt his ability and potential, we have seen him score goals for us, on most occassion when he is available for us and his biggest problem was his injure problem, which hopfully is behind him now after completing his three months loan deal at Palace.

Another good things is he cost very little to keep around compare to paying for a top class striker and he is still likely to come good for us, if he has finally gotten over with his injure problem and he is still young compare to Saha and Yakubu, especially apart from Beckford who is scoring odd goals, Saha and Yakubu is hardly doing there job as our front man, with Vaughan so far already scored 6 goals for Palace I think we should give him 20 mins or so playing time in the second half, when he return to us for next weekend fixture.

I serious doubt we could even afford to buy another top class striker who is in his prime and around mid-20's or early 20's, so, never mind about people keep talking about we need a world class striker, face the reality people we ain't going to be able to afford spending 12~15M on a top class striker or 20M+ on a world class stiker, unless someone is willing to spend 25~30M to buy Rodwell off us, which I don't want it to happen and I doubt another Lescott kind of deal would happen again for us, any time soon. So, I feel we should give him an extension to his contract if he could stay fit and show us he could still do it, in the next few games!

err.....sell hm to us, for......err...£100k.....(deferred terms please, and no sell on clause....) Last game on Sat.v Hull.He's been great for us, stand out player up front and a model pro around the club.Quoting in the Croydon local rag that he his priority is to make it with Everton, but as he doesn't know what awaits him, he wants to play in the Premiership anyway.Very good luck to the lad and many many thanks.
Now then, who have we got left up front?............................:(

I'm wondering how many scousers want to see him sold.

Not many I reckon. He's always been seen as a kind of adopted son IMO. One of the things I admire about our fan base and the club in general is players that make it through the youth team fire our imaginations more than players we've bought. I'd much sooner see a home grown Vaughan rip through the premier league than any Eric Van der Pants from Hessersinks. (I think that thoroughly outs me as a complete racist and nazi)

Still want him to come good. So keep for me. Just gotta hope the injuries don't rear up. He'd be playing in an England shirt by now were it not for the damn injuries.

people have been using the run of games excuse for yakubu and beckford, saying that they haven't really had a solid few games to find their form and make an impact. well, i can't remember the last time vaughan had a run of games, due to injury, yet in the few i've seen him in he's performed superbly (chelsea a few seasons back springs to mind, he was unstoppable on that day)

he's for the most part unproven and doesn't have the stats to back him up, so its not like we'd get a ton of money for him

plus he has that ferocity i think our team's lacking right now. if it had been him in that tackle on cech instead of cahill, cech would be eating through a straw right now. good or bad i love that the kid always works hard and is the biggest hassle to defenders, i for one am excited to see what he's learned from the loan experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.