• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Virgil Van Dijk

Status
Not open for further replies.
VVD was on crack clearly...Jesus. .

It's really amazing that they failed to get into the games...I have a feeling it was similar s*** than France fiasco some years ago...RVP and other old guard members stirring things up innit.

L O l

He may not be the greatest centre-half in the world, but he's nowhere near as bad as some on here would like to make out. Decent centre-half with an eye for an occasional goal. Maybe stood out a bit in the Scottish League where he wasn't tested as much, but will do a job for Southampton, IMO.

Johnny on the spot CB. I wish we had one.

He'll take a bit of time to adapt defensively - he still looks off the pace of the PL - but S'ton have potentially a good pairing there with Fonte and him. Koeman has done very well in that CB unit since he arrived, bringing in and replacing CBs. I'd trust him to get it right over Van Dijk.

If Stones goes and we get a good £45-50 mil for his services I would certainly be happy to see us throw £20 million at Saints to land him, especially with Jags nearing the end of the road at 33/34.

Funes Mori, Van Dijk, Galloway and Browning would be decent CB options.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back