• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Virgil Van Dijk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Was good again yesterday, very dominate in the air. Southampton have a nack of buying players that would suit us a year before we have the money/desire to possibly target them.

They signed Tadic the year we signed Rom and were skint who would have been a good replacement for pienaar. They then done the same with VVD a year before we likely sell Stones and will be looking for a young, good on the ball CB.

Was good again yesterday, very dominate in the air. Southampton have a nack of buying players that would suit us a year before we have the money/desire to possibly target them.

They signed Tadic the year we signed Rom and were skint who would have been a good replacement for pienaar. They then done the same with VVD a year before we likely sell Stones and will be looking for a young, good on the ball CB.

Annoying thing is, VVD was on a silver platter for us, but we went for Funes Mori.

Time will tell if that was even halfway close to being a good call, but in all honesty from what I've seen I'd have preferred Van Dijk.

Careful mate, or the villagers will be after you with torches and pitchforks
I think the "SPL" tag blinded people: they didn't wish to believe anything good can come from it (with good reason most of the time). But Van Dijk always looked about 2 or 3 classes above that league.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back