• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Virgil Van Dijk

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the "SPL" tag blinded people: they didn't wish to believe anything good can come from it (with good reason most of the time). But Van Dijk always looked about 2 or 3 classes above that league.

There's no telling some people

Even why I, yourself and others were correctly pointing out his abilities, the usual anti spl snobs didn't want to hear

Funes Mori has my full support, but could you imagine Stones and Virgil together now? WOOF!

There's no telling some people

Even why I, yourself and others were correctly pointing out his abilities, the usual anti spl snobs didn't want to hear

Funes Mori has my full support, but could you imagine Stones and Virgil together now? WOOF!
I expect Funes Mori to chip in with a goal every so often, but Van Dijk looks more capable of it.

Happy with Funes Mori, but I do think (and as we said prior to his arrival in the PL) Van Dijk will be plying his trade in one of the elite European teams within the next two seasons, and going for about £25M to boot.

Annoying thing is, VVD was on a silver platter for us, but we went for Funes Mori.

Time will tell if that was even halfway close to being a good call, but in all honesty from what I've seen I'd have preferred Van Dijk.

Agree mate I've been impressed with how Mori has adapted relatively quickly in a injury hit back 4 but at the moment Van Dijk looks the better of the pair. I think what happens with our CB's will be interesting in the coming season or two. Jags nearing the end of his career you would imagine and Stones most likely off next summer only leaves us Mori and an inexperienced Galloway.

mori.png
teabags VVD.

You got it wrong about his ability to step up into the PL, but instead of acknowledging your error about the Dutch Master you compound it by doubting wiser heads and their judgement that he can now go on and become a CB for Bayern or Juventus. :coffee:

You got it wrong about his ability to step up into the PL, but instead of acknowledging your error about the Dutch Master you compound it by doubting wiser heads and their judgement that he can now go on and become a CB for Bayern or Juventus. :coffee:

LOL

No.

Ive watched him a few times this season, hes utterly rank.

Honestly, he will prolly have a good successful career in the Championship or even the Dutch 2nd Division.

Tbf, I wouldn't trust virgil if he was up against it, last man back, 1 on 1, and you needed him to put his body on the line.

Whereas if goats nan was up against a man coming straight at her, you'd fully expect her to handle him and make sure she connected with the tackle.

You'd probably even fancy her to deal with multiple attackers at once.

LOL

No.

Ive watched him a few times this season, hes utterly rank.

Honestly, he will prolly have a good successful career in the Championship or even the Dutch 2nd Division.
Tbf, he does still clock off at times in and around the box (in that sense Funes Mori has adapted much better). But for a newcomer to the PL I think he's been very good defensively and a threat in attack. I bet Koeman is pleased with his start.

Tbf, he does still clock off at times in and around the box (in that sense Funes Mori has adapted much better). But for a newcomer to the PL I think he's been very good defensively and a threat in attack. I bet Koeman is pleased with his start.

I dont think Danny Blind is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back