Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Rumour Virgil Van Dijk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would it be hard to get net spend up? We are in need of strengthening all over the team.

Get the Lukaku money and allow it to cover what's already spent and then use the rest of it and some non-sales generated cash to strengthen us with a new attacker, playmaker, LB and another CB.

Simple really...if the ambition to spend is really there.

I agree with you mate, just think it's doubtful when you receive an outlier fee like we will for Lukaku, it's not that the money isn't there it's just you can only spend so much irrespective of sales imo. I don't think we can really see the ambition of the board, transfer wise, until we either make a marquee signing or spend big WITHOUT selling one of our best players, but the latter we'll sadly have to wait until the next window.

This has got to be utterly made up.
There's no way we'd spend that type of money on another defender when we are currently betting our season on Sandro having a fantastic first season on his own up front.

Reactions: dav
There is no way VVD is worth the price quoted. Use your heads here. Is he is 3 times the player of Keane and worth as much as a 26 goal scorer? I don't care that it's not my money, it is just wasteful.

Someone else will buy him and have a better defence. No one is saying it's either or in terms of a defender or a keeper. We've sold Stones at world record fee for a centreback, we may sell Lukaku at world record fee, we sold Rooney at the then world record fee for a teenager. We sold Lescott for what st the time was a monstrous fee. Why should we now baulk at buying players at this rate if we are able to? No one was mosning that City were being wasteful, they were in awe of their ambition. If Koeman thinks VVD is good enough to get us where we need to be and we have the funds to back him then we should.

The source of it all is Watched Toffee, so you can pretty much dismiss the idea.

At some point we will, if we havent already had a sniff, but Watched Toffee will be the last to know.

:locked::locked::locked:
No it's not, it was from Someone else Ell Bertland

I really don't think Williams, Keane and Pickford are going to leak goals. Williams has been a solid defender for years when played with a good partner. Funes Mori and Jags aren't good partners.

The argument earlier was with VVD we will win lots of games 1-0. The opposite is more likely, no teeth in attack and lose 1-0. But hey our £100 centerback pairing only conceded 1 goal.
Defences win leagues not my words sir Alex ferguson. I just can't see Williams starting in a team that finishes top 4

Someone else will buy him and have a better defence. No one is saying it's either or in terms of a defender or a keeper. We've sold Stones at world record fee for a centreback, we may sell Lukaku at world record fee, we sold Rooney at the then world record fee for a teenager. We sold Lescott for what st the time was a monstrous fee. Why should we now baulk at buying players at this rate if we are able to? No one was mosning that City were being wasteful, they were in awe of their ambition. If Koeman thinks VVD is good enough to get us where we need to be and we have the funds to back him then we should.
Who cares if someone else wants to spunk that kind of cash on him? It's crazy and some of you need to stop and think a minute (tough concept, I know). Man City are also backed by a sheik with money from oil, we are not. Big difference there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back