Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Rumour Virgil Van Dijk

Status
Not open for further replies.
No mate. Net spend is very important. How the hell else can we determine what's happening at this club by way of change if all we get is the same tired, worn out sell to buy model? Why on earth after 16 years of Kenwright and his BS should any of us give the benefit of the doubt to a feller who tipped up 16 months ago?
Oops, I think this one might be your worst yet. You have just made it too easy

We've not sold Lukaku yet (although looks likely). I'm presuming they'll be working on all deals in parallel so the timing is pretty irrelevant. Do we need another CB? In my opinion yes. Do we need a striker if Lukaku goes? Yes. Will we get one? Strong rumours atound Rooney and Giroud do I don't see what the issue is here.
The issue is spending what Everton get on the Lukaku deal on a center back. That is lunacy and would be a waste of that money. Another young center back can wait until next summer in my opinion.

Of course. I've stated lots of times that a £50M net spend is needed twice in succession for us to make a leap forward. If the beginning of that happens this summer (it should have started last summer and so we are effectively a year behind schedule) then I'd acknowledge that some ambition is being shown.

It'll be hard for us to get that sort of net spend with Lukaku going, with him and others you're looking at almost 100 mil in sales already. Think we've just got to at it in terms of the the numbers and the quality of some of the players we bring in to evaluate how our window went.

That said I suspect we won't be too far off 50 mil net by the end of the window.

Of course. I've stated lots of times that a £50M net spend is needed twice in succession for us to make a leap forward. If the beginning of that happens this summer (it should have started last summer and so we are effectively a year behind schedule) then I'd acknowledge that some ambition is being shown.

Net spend has nothing to do with it tho... Spurs net spend is about 5m over the last 5 years..

It's about getting the right players in..

The issue is spending what Everton get on the Lukaku deal on a center back. That is lunacy and would be a waste of that money. Another young center back can wait until next summer in my opinion.
I can't see us getting top 4 with Keane & jags or Williams regardless of what forward we sign.

If we have Sandro Rooney & giroud I don't believe goals will be our problem.

Giroud is a stepping stone if there is any chance whatsoever of signing van dijk we should do it particularly if giroud is only £20 million.

I can't see us getting top 4 with Keane & jags or Williams regardless of what forward we sign.

If we have Sandro Rooney & giroud I don't believe goals will be our problem.

Giroud is a stepping stone if there is any chance whatsoever of signing van dijk we should do it particularly if giroud is only £20 million.

Agree with this. 10 goals for Barkley, a couple of Mirallas, Lookman, DCL etc and we've got masses of goals in the side even without the rest chipping in.

Goals

@Brownie

what is spurs net spend recently?
Key word: 'recently'.

At some point if you want lift off you have to see a massive amount of wedge spent.

Dont want to spend that cash? Step aside and let the usual suspects gather all the cups and CL spots forevermore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back