Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Rumour Virgil Van Dijk

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't see us getting top 4 with Keane & jags or Williams regardless of what forward we sign.

If we have Sandro Rooney & giroud I don't believe goals will be our problem.

Giroud is a stepping stone if there is any chance whatsoever of signing van dijk we should do it particularly if giroud is only £20 million.
I really don't think Williams, Keane and Pickford are going to leak goals. Williams has been a solid defender for years when played with a good partner. Funes Mori and Jags aren't good partners.

The argument earlier was with VVD we will win lots of games 1-0. The opposite is more likely, no teeth in attack and lose 1-0. But hey our £100 centerback pairing only conceded 1 goal.

The issue is spending what Everton get on the Lukaku deal on a center back. That is lunacy and would be a waste of that money. Another young center back can wait until next summer in my opinion.

If we've got the money we've got the money, who cares. We've spent on key positions without the Lukaku money. If we're serious about doing something next season we need another first team quality centreback. At the moment we're looking at Keane's first choice partner for every game being either too old and slow (Jags/Williams), too rash (Mori) or too young and inexperienced (Holgate Pennington). If we play three at the back or god forbid have an injury to anyone e we could be looking at 2 or 3 played together. We saw away at Chelsea, away at Liverpool and at Spurs Tay our back line was not quick and powerful enough to deal with the top prem forwards away from home. We need another one and I think we'll get one.

It'll be hard for us to get that sort of net spend with Lukaku going, with him and others you're looking at almost 100 mil in sales already. Think we've just got to at it in terms of the the numbers and the quality of some of the players we bring in to evaluate how our window went.

That said I suspect we won't be too far off 50 mil net by the end of the window.
Why would it be hard to get net spend up? We are in need of strengthening all over the team.

Get the Lukaku money and allow it to cover what's already spent and then use the rest of it and some non-sales generated cash to strengthen us with a new attacker, playmaker, LB and another CB.

Simple really...if the ambition to spend is really there.

If we've got the money we've got the money, who cares. We've spent on key positions without the Lukaku money. If we're serious about doing something next season we need another first team quality centreback. At the moment we're looking at Keane's first choice partner for every game being either too old and slow (Jags/Williams), too rash (Mori) or too young and inexperienced (Holgate Pennington). If we play three at the back or god forbid have an injury to anyone e we could be looking at 2 or 3 played together. We saw away at Chelsea, away at Liverpool and at Spurs Tay our back line was not quick and powerful enough to deal with the top prem forwards away from home. We need another one and I think we'll get one.
There is no way VVD is worth the price quoted. Use your heads here. Is he is 3 times the player of Keane and worth as much as a 26 goal scorer? I don't care that it's not my money, it is just wasteful.

I really don't think Williams, Keane and Pickford are going to leak goals. Williams has been a solid defender for years when played with a good partner. Funes Mori and Jags aren't good partners.

The argument earlier was with VVD we will win lots of games 1-0. The opposite is more likely, no teeth in attack and lose 1-0. But hey our £100 centerback pairing only conceded 1 goal.
Williams was the worst CH at the club last season, given how strong the competition was I'd be looking at signing another ch

I think all transfers should just be £?m and then it's just down to do we want and/or need the player.

You know, considering the price is completely irrelevant to us fans. Except those that need a statement in which case if I see you moaning about £65m defenders I'll slap you with a salmon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back