Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Rumour Virgil Van Dijk

Status
Not open for further replies.
When it comes to the transfer window value for money is a misnomer
Disagree. I didn't watch much of Southampton but I just cannot see how he is worth anywhere near that. Even Keane's fee was mental but doubling it is insanity. I don't see it happening anyway but would be worried if it did.

I dont think that's the plan, tbh.
Is this coming from the same brain that persistently supported RM on this forum when he was putting us all through a world of pain?

Why is there no rule against going off topic in threads multiple times? It ruins the forum because EVERY discussion is the same.
Lads, Roberto Martinez isn't relevant, unless it's to point out that he opted for Funes Mori over VVD in 2014.

Dave, constantly banging on about Martinez' one off points haul is boring in the extreme. Why hold Everton to his standard? Why not the 1985 standard? That's much higher and what I'd like to see. I see that's not what you've posted here but is elsewhere.

Everyone else, stop mentioning Martinez to bait Dave.

Give Martinez a rest.

Lads, Roberto Martinez isn't relevant, unless it's to point out that he opted for Funes Mori over VVD in 2014.

Dave, constantly banging on about Martinez' one off points haul is boring in the extreme. Why hold Everton to his standard? Why not the 1985 standard? That's much higher and what I'd like to see. I see that's not what you've posted here but is elsewhere.

Everyone else, stop mentioning Martinez to bait Dave.

Give Martinez a rest.
Exactly, there are two threads in the World Football forum for that issue.

If you want value for money look at 5mil for Sandro who could be our top striker for a decade, Keane who could be our first choice CB for a decade, Pickford could be our number one for two decades...

BUT what really separates teams like Chelsea, United and City from teams like us are massive statement signings that everyone knows other huge clubs want. This would be our first massive statement signing amongst an already very exciting summer so far.

We will spend over 200m this summer, feel pretty sure about that ( we will also rake back in close to that)

If it's VVD, or another 50-70m quid player, feel like Moshiri will want to make an emphatic statement after selling Lukaku, and best way to do that is to obliterate any previous record signing we have made
And get the best defender in the premier league, which was the no.1 target of our rivals. Koeman knows a defender when he sees one. Keane and VVD would be an unbelievable partnership. The best in the premier league. That is a statement to the rest.

Go in big just be see the fume across the park. State of that lot attempting to slate out business so far

we should go all out for this guy, or another equally good defender, preferably a center half. if we sort our defence out we are a real team

If you want value for money look at 5mil for Sandro who could be our top striker for a decade, Keane who could be our first choice CB for a decade, Pickford could be our number one for two decades...

BUT what really separates teams like Chelsea, United and City from teams like us are massive statement signings that everyone knows other huge clubs want. This would be our first massive statement signing amongst an already very exciting summer so far.

I think Pickford was a statement signing personally.

Everton spending 30M on a goalkeeper of all things. The media have been all over us ever since.

Disagree. I didn't watch much of Southampton but I just cannot see how he is worth anywhere near that. Even Keane's fee was mental but doubling it is insanity. I don't see it happening anyway but would be worried if it did.

Remember reams of threads saying Lukaku wasn't worth 28mill.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back