Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Rumour Virgil Van Dijk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Say it often enough maybe someone will believe you.

Koeman and Walsh have been busy signing all their prime targets. You can't ask for more than that. If we've paid slightly over the odds, that reflects the fact that we have money to spend, and we're determined to get business done early. We've not spent any Lukaku money, how could we ? We'd not even had an offer for him, as far as we know, until a few days ago. There's not the slightest reason to think that Everton have to sell to buy. The TV money alone ensures that, never mind the fact that Moshiri's clearly prepared to bankroll whatever it takes to build a squad that can compete for trophies. Everton are going to be linked with big money signings for the rest of this transfer window, and rightly so, because there'll be more major signings to come.
Quite the opposite, you just see what clubs will be bidding for players come August, when the league is about to start and squads needing to be strengthened. The only one you could argue we overpaid for is pickford. But I'm not worried as in my mind it is money will spent.

Well my 350m figure was including the Lukaku sale

137m from Sky
100m from Lukaku
18.5 from Geri and Clev
15m from USM
80m from Moshiri

Take away

86m wage bill
54m debts
20m managers comp
86m in transfers

Leaves us 104m to spend.

:coffee::coffee::coffee:

£7.5m from Gibson and Oviedo. Loan fee from Galloway and Henry. We will sell McGeady and loan out the like in Browning too.

Well my 350m figure was including the Lukaku figure.

137m from Sky
100m from Lukaku
18.5 from Geri and Clev
15m from USM
80m from Moshiri

Take away

86m wage bill
54m debts
20m managers comp
86m in transfers

Leaves us 104m to spend.

We will spend over 200m this summer, feel pretty sure about that ( we will also rake back in close to that)

If it's VVD, or another 50-70m quid player, feel like Moshiri will want to make an emphatic statement after selling Lukaku, and best way to do that is to obliterate any previous record signing we have made

I wasnt questioning our spend, I was asking somebody what they think we had spent all our money on, somebody who thinks we had "already spent the Lukaku" money, I am suggesting thats not the case.

By my reckoning we have 5-6 more signings to make, with around the same amount leaving.
Sorry my blue friend if i mis-read the quote, i think its just speculation that we have simply spent the Lukaku money, this seems to be a dig aimed at us from the RS trolls that hate anything that doesn't involve them. I feel chilled on the matter of the Lukaku cash, personally I think it will be re-invested, if we get the other players in we need and yet make a profit then it will be a bonus to the club.

Well my 350m figure was including the Lukaku sale

137m from Sky
100m from Lukaku
18.5 from Geri and Clev
15m from USM
80m from Moshiri

Take away

86m wage bill
54m debts
20m managers comp
86m in transfers

Leaves us 104m to spend.

Also think we will be selling most later on, as prices are only gonna go one way this summer, especially when certain massive transfer fees hit the pool and start getting recycled around by those teams

Just curious what people think we have done with the roughly 350m we have "brought into" the football club over the last 12months.
Op exp 150mio
Player purchases 171mio
repaid debt 58 mio
general...eg cladding

cash flow timings make exact accountings difficult

Say it often enough maybe someone will believe you.

Koeman and Walsh have been busy signing all their prime targets. You can't ask for more than that. If we've paid slightly over the odds, that reflects the fact that we have money to spend, and we're determined to get business done early. We've not spent any Lukaku money, how could we ? We'd not even had an offer for him, as far as we know, until a few days ago. There's not the slightest reason to think that Everton have to sell to buy. The TV money alone ensures that, never mind the fact that Moshiri's clearly prepared to bankroll whatever it takes to build a squad that can compete for trophies. Everton are going to be linked with big money signings for the rest of this transfer window, and rightly so, because there'll be more major signings to come.
Oh yeah, very clear that is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back