Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Rumour Virgil Van Dijk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Somewhere in the Royal Liver Building?
That building was for sale for £14mil back in 2004, if we'd of bought it then we could mortgage it now and buy the entire Southampton team!

But back on track it is true nobody in the media appears to want their name linked to this do they?

Im also not forgetting Cleverley at 8m, Geri at 10m, Stones at 40m(minus Barnsleys cut).
Yes and the window hasn't closed plus there are Fair play rules to adhere to. Dont think questioning our spend at the current moment is worth it in the midst of our best transfer splurge in living memory, getting cack players off the wage bill and 2 months of an active transfer window left.

...what happened to all these other revenue streams last summer?

Not saying we dont have cash, whether it's spent on players or not is another matter....
I have no real idea but we spent £100mil+ under RK and the revenue wasn't as big as it is now so I think it's accounted for.

Suppose we'll have to wait and see what transpires but for me I do not want 80% of the money going on Van Diljk or any other centre half!

Sandro is the atypical example. Look at how much Koeman spent n a GK and a player from a poor league.

The Lukaku cash is almost all gone on what has been brought in. We'll have to recycle more players and then some to get key positins boxed off.

Say it often enough maybe someone will believe you.

Koeman and Walsh have been busy signing all their prime targets. You can't ask for more than that. If we've paid slightly over the odds, that reflects the fact that we have money to spend, and we're determined to get business done early. We've not spent any Lukaku money, how could we ? We'd not even had an offer for him, as far as we know, until a few days ago. There's not the slightest reason to think that Everton have to sell to buy. The TV money alone ensures that, never mind the fact that Moshiri's clearly prepared to bankroll whatever it takes to build a squad that can compete for trophies. Everton are going to be linked with big money signings for the rest of this transfer window, and rightly so, because there'll be more major signings to come.

Yes and the window hasn't closed plus there are Fair play rules to adhere to. Dont think questioning our spend at the current moment is worth it in the midst of our best transfer splurge in living memory, getting cack players off the wage bill and 2 months of an active transfer window left.

I wasnt questioning our spend, I was asking somebody what they think we had spent all our money on, somebody who thinks we had "already spent the Lukaku" money, I am suggesting thats not the case.

By my reckoning we have 5-6 more signings to make, with around the same amount leaving.

Just curious what people think we have done with the roughly 350m we have "brought into" the football club over the last 12months.

Think our spending thus far has been from that, Also think we will fully invest what we get from Lukaku and a decent bit more on top of that as well. Still think we will spend another 100-130m this Summer myself.

Then later in the window we will recoup a decent bit by selling players who've effectively been replaced like McCarthy, Mori and a couple of others, which i'm utterly fine with and bring in about 60-70m from that

So Overall 'net spend' will be 'around' 210-220m spent, 160-190m in, so anywhere from 60m net to 20m, which ultimately just depends on how well we sell now IMO

I wasnt questioning our spend, I was asking somebody what they think we had spent all our money on, somebody who thinks we had "already spent the Lukaku" money, I am suggesting thats not the case.

By my reckoning we have 5-6 more signings to make, with around the same amount leaving.

We will sign a left back, another centre back (for big money), centre mid, winger/wide forward, and 2 strikers.

We will get rid of Mori, Jagielka, McCarthy, Robles, Niasse, McGeady

and we will send a fair few out on loan this summer as well

All just my opinion like

Think our spending thus far has been from that, Also think we will fully invest what we get from Lukaku and a decent bit more on top of that as well. Still think we will spend another 100-130m this Summer myself.

Then later in the window we will recoup a decent bit by selling players who've effectively been replaced like McCarthy, Mori and a couple of others, which i'm utterly fine with and bring in about 60-70m from that

So Overall 'net spend' will be 'around' 210-220m spent, 160-190m in, so anywhere from 60m net to 20m, which ultimately just depends on how well we sell now IMO

Well my 350m figure was including the Lukaku sale

137m from Sky
100m from Lukaku
18.5 from Geri and Clev
15m from USM
80m from Moshiri

Take away

86m wage bill
54m debts
20m managers comp
86m in transfers

Leaves us 104m to spend.

:coffee::coffee::coffee:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back