Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Rumour Virgil Van Dijk

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really can't see this happening.

Spunking 60 odd million on Virgil just doesn't seem like a great use of our cash, and yes, I know we're "loaded" now, but with Lukaku gone, we need at least one more striker in, and if that was Giroud, then we'd have spent all the Lukaku money, and a bit more besides, on Giroud and Virgil.

I'm mentally filing this under complete testicles and hope to be completely wrong.

I'd be delighted with that. A top drawer centre-half that will only get better and a classy striker with Premier League experience who knits an entire attack together.

Are you referring to the Rembrandt? Because that's a Rooney reference.
No, cba to find the tweet but it was saying that Koeman and VVD have a fantastic relation and to me it seemed like he was hinting that there was something to the rumour.

It's a lot of money but defences win championships. With our DM's and Keane, if you added this fella then it can't get much better than that. Arguably Baines would need replacing next summer if you wanted the best possible defensive unit, but it's a mouth watering thought.

I'm not convinced the top teams would allow us to do this deal though.

Soton will demand + 70 mil if we try it on with vvd, what with the fee for Rom and the bad blood since we knicked Koeman.

I'd be delighted with that. A top drawer centre-half that will only get better and a classy striker with Premier League experience who knits an entire attack together.
We had both of them and have sold them both in the last 12 months

If we are prepared to bid £65m for Van Dijk then why not save £35m and get Sakko from THEM.

27, French International and their best centre back.
Nooooo. He's useless, why would we bail them out of a massive mistake???

Palace were still crap with him they scrapped out wins in long ball games. Plus isn't his leg hanging off?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back