Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Rumour Virgil Van Dijk

Status
Not open for further replies.
'Kin Sakho got raised again....I'd honestly sooner take Rodwell back and see if actually could of made a centre half he was supposed to be before the media discovered he could pass a ball and Moyes tried to be beyond his kin creating a midfield maestro....pffft Sakho....honestly.....

Although it's probably not going to happen I would buy VVD at 50m if that is the actual asking price

I would buy VVD for 70 million if we could because he's a great defender, offers danger from set pieces both in the box and taking free kicks, it's not my money, it would contribute towards a cracking net spend if that's what you're into, nobody could say we're only spending the Lukaku money, it's still not my money, the fume from that lot would be outstanding and most importantly, it would be a HUGE statement signing to make the rest of the 'Top 7' stand up and take note that FC Sexy has arrived.

More chance of getting the one from Diagnosis Murder

latest

but sadly his name would have to be censored out on the forum because there are under 18's on here.

I would buy VVD for 70 million if we could because he's a great defender, offers danger from set pieces both in the box and taking free kicks, it's not my money, it would contribute towards a cracking net spend if that's what you're into, nobody could say we're only spending the Lukaku money, it's still not my money, the fume from that lot would be outstanding and most importantly, it would be a HUGE statement signing to make the rest of the 'Top 7' stand up and take note that FC Sexy has arrived.
Lukaku just went for 75, who on Earth is looking at almost that much for a centre back?

Being loaded doesn't mean being stupid.

VVD is terribly overrated, the prices being talked are rediculous for a player of his stature. 50M+ would probably buy Varane....

the thing with van dijk is, who have the best centre backs in the league? Spurs and chelsea.

alderweireld £12m
vertonghan £10m
cahill £7m
azpilicueta £7m

None of them big fees. I know david luiz cost a lot so he's an odd one out, but it just shows you don't need to be splashing the big bucks like that to get the best centre backs, as long as their solid enough you can build a great partnership for pittance.

Let's look at a team like city then:
stones £48m
mangala £32m
otamendi £32m
kompany £6m.

The cheapest one there is utterly lightyears ahead of the others in terms of quality. I would love us to pick up our own alderweireld for a similar fee, i'd say there's going to be plenty out there in europe. save the big signings for the top end of the pitch is what i'd prefer to see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back