Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Rumour Virgil Van Dijk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully someone hijacks the deal so he doesn't end up at Liverpool

Would be sickening seeing my favourite non-Everton player turn out for them

I still believe mate that what we should do at the very least is open up the can of worms by bidding openly right now and at a 65m starting point.

the rs are waiting till the media attention on them tapping up dies down then will try to get it done under the radar and for a much lower price, effectively meaning they tapped him up and got ultimately what they wanted - the player for a lower price.

Bid 65m - then even if the player doesn't want to come here, saints are put into the situation, that they cannot then sell him for less than that without their fans rioting effectively.

the rs won't pay that, and even if they somehow manage it, long term it will damage them in bringing others in as they don't have a limitless pot of money.

PLUS, there is an outside chance that even if the player has set his mind on going there, that we offer the money and the rs balk and won't match it, that it changes ghis mind as they are showing they aren't willing to back up their promises of wanting him that badly to pay for it...

I was genuinely a bit worried when there was talk of us getting him. at £65m I actually hope he DOES sign for the rs.

Let them be lumbered with the mediocre flavour of the month. It's what they're used to.

Keane > VVD

I was genuinely a bit worried when there was talk of us getting him. at £65m I actually hope he DOES sign for the rs.

Let them be lumbered with the mediocre flavour of the month. It's what they're used to.

Keane > VVD

IF he comes back fully recovered from his injury mate, i don't want him anywhere near them, he is a exceptional player - especially if he buys into the manager like he did with Koeman at Saints and possibly will do with the Llama across the park

They struggle to defend in space - he excels at that
They struggle at both end with set pieces - again he excels on them
They dont have anyone capable of bringing it out from the back - again another strong point of him

He wont fix them shipping goals - but he will improve them more than any other position if they get him.

Just ignore the fee and look at it as they get him, they improve a lot in one of their weakest parts of the team

he will end up in the mordor no doubt about that. this is a sad case though. things that this case would prove.
1. LFC always slithers away from sanctions.
2. FA has no balls to enforce rules especially if RS is involved.
3. Southampton has no pride if they sell VVD to that lot...no pride, no class if they do it after all this. ive always thought theyre somewhat nice well runned club but this will definitely change the perception of that.

Won't happen we haven't the money to sign both him and Siggurdsson imo. Would be an immense signing though shame the ITKs are talking bull.

I still believe mate that what we should do at the very least is open up the can of worms by bidding openly right now and at a 65m starting point.

the rs are waiting till the media attention on them tapping up dies down then will try to get it done under the radar and for a much lower price, effectively meaning they tapped him up and got ultimately what they wanted - the player for a lower price.

Bid 65m - then even if the player doesn't want to come here, saints are put into the situation, that they cannot then sell him for less than that without their fans rioting effectively.

the rs won't pay that, and even if they somehow manage it, long term it will damage them in bringing others in as they don't have a limitless pot of money.

PLUS, there is an outside chance that even if the player has set his mind on going there, that we offer the money and the rs balk and won't match it, that it changes ghis mind as they are showing they aren't willing to back up their promises of wanting him that badly to pay for it...

You are absolutely spot on and I think the only reason why we might not or haven't considered a bid would be if VVD personally told Koeman that he had his heart set on the rs. Out of courtesy I don't think Koeman would then start a bidding war unfortunately.

If there was any inkling though that he would be interested in a move to us I think we'd be right on it and willing to go to to toe with the gang of tits next door.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back