Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Rumour Virgil Van Dijk

Status
Not open for further replies.
IF he comes back fully recovered from his injury mate, i don't want him anywhere near them, he is a exceptional player - especially if he buys into the manager like he did with Koeman at Saints and possibly will do with the Llama across the park

They struggle to defend in space - he excels at that
They struggle at both end with set pieces - again he excels on them
They dont have anyone capable of bringing it out from the back - again another strong point of him

He wont fix them shipping goals - but he will improve them more than any other position if they get him.

Just ignore the fee and look at it as they get him, they improve a lot in one of their weakest parts of the team
Mods the poster knwn as @bluestevon has tarnished the good name of my online persona by associating me with kopites. Please smite him mercilessly or I will have no choice but to sue.
There will be no smiting today.

Not until after the EL draw anyway.

I think he is a good player, but I cant see us getting him, I think he will go to a champions league team, I am kind of surprised City have not been in for him

Sorry mate he is far from average the man is a beast of a CB and for me is far and away the best CB in the league!!

I will say the same if he signs for the RS
Not being funny here genuine question why is he the best cb in the league in your opinion?
I don't see it myself he's solid on the ball, he isn't great at defending set pieces (although attacks well), his passing is good but not up there with Stones or Luiz, he's quick but not rapid and his positionsl play sees him as safer as the more advanced of the cb's. I know it's a while since I saw him play but and I do ask this genuinely and openly as I want to get a few of a someone who is an advocate of his.

Fair enough mate, I just don't agree with you.....
Strong
Powerful
Quick
Left footed to go alongside Keane
Brings the ball out of defence
Great recovery
Excellent in the air
Great age
Prem experience

He ticks all the boxes!

Only 12 caps for the worst dutch side in my lifetime.

Honestly, £65m is almost beyond satire.

nrOsTyu.png

_95047311_mediaitem95047310.jpg

220px-ISR-2016-Makhtesh_Ramon-Geological_dike.jpg

Not being funny here genuine question why is he the best cb in the league in your opinion?
I don't see it myself he's solid on the ball, he isn't great at defending set pieces (although attacks well), his passing is good but not up there with Stones or Luiz, he's quick but not rapid and his positionsl play sees him as safer as the more advanced of the cb's. I know it's a while since I saw him play but and I do ask this genuinely and openly as I want to get a few of a someone who is an advocate of his.
I have mentioned above of what I see in the player. Every time I have watched him play he has impressed me.

I have mentioned above of what I see in the player. Every time I have watched him play he has impressed me.
Fair enough, maybe I've not seen enough of him. Still of the view he's overrated but if we get him I'll be happy because so many people with really good football knowledge rate him, onwards blues!

Fair enough, maybe I've not seen enough of him. Still of the view he's overrated but if we get him I'll be happy because so many people with really good football knowledge rate him, onwards blues!

He is a weird one, because yes he is overrated, but he is still one of the best cb's in the league as well if that makes any sense

He is a weird one, because yes he is overrated, but he is still one of the best cb's in the league as well if that makes any sense
I think that does mate actually, maybe we can give him the platform to really show these skills talked about, he'll have one heck of a midfield in front of him next season if he comes that is!

I think that does mate actually, maybe we can give him the platform to really show these skills talked about, he'll have one heck of a midfield in front of him next season if he comes that is!

He's good enough IMO and mobile enough that he basically removes the need to ever play two defensive midfielders as well, he'd be perfect for City

I'd bet my avatar for a year that he'll end up at Liverpool by the end of this august. It's inevitable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back