Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Rumour Virgil Van Dijk

Status
Not open for further replies.
IF he comes back fully recovered from his injury mate, i don't want him anywhere near them, he is a exceptional player - especially if he buys into the manager like he did with Koeman at Saints and possibly will do with the Llama across the park

They struggle to defend in space - he excels at that
They struggle at both end with set pieces - again he excels on them
They dont have anyone capable of bringing it out from the back - again another strong point of him

He wont fix them shipping goals - but he will improve them more than any other position if they get him.

Just ignore the fee and look at it as they get him, they improve a lot in one of their weakest parts of the team
@BlueLlama

Danny Murphy isn't ITK.

But VVD isn't coming here anyway.

Little tits like him get told to plant these stories out just to turn the screw again but where the club can say it isn't them so avoid any further kick offs. Murphy has done it, Jamie Redknapp has done it, they've had some lawyer in France do it.

Just a sly gang of scruffy bellends anything to do with that club and more fool VVD if he thinks that's the right club for him.

I still believe mate that what we should do at the very least is open up the can of worms by bidding openly right now and at a 65m starting point.

the rs are waiting till the media attention on them tapping up dies down then will try to get it done under the radar and for a much lower price, effectively meaning they tapped him up and got ultimately what they wanted - the player for a lower price.

Bid 65m - then even if the player doesn't want to come here, saints are put into the situation, that they cannot then sell him for less than that without their fans rioting effectively.

the rs won't pay that, and even if they somehow manage it, long term it will damage them in bringing others in as they don't have a limitless pot of money.

PLUS, there is an outside chance that even if the player has set his mind on going there, that we offer the money and the rs balk and won't match it, that it changes ghis mind as they are showing they aren't willing to back up their promises of wanting him that badly to pay for it...

Spot on this. Look at the Kaita stuff. They have been told numerous times 70 million and even then it might be a know.

I see today they have bid 57. It's embarrassing. We are now mid July and that's their offer.

If they leave it until the season starts don't be surprised if they put the price up again. Don't be surprised for Liverpool to pay it. Then a string of articles in the Echo proclaiming how ourselves l, United, Red Bull Leipzig, Rangnick are to blame for making prices unrealistic (while they ask for 30 million for utter dross like Sakho or 20 for Markovic).

It will be filed under the Konoplyanka, Dempsey, Mbappe, mikhtarian, Costa, William folder. They will delude themselves these bids were anything other propaganda to appease the fans. Rinse and repeat.

I like him. His age is a positive. We could have him, Keane and Coleman for years, get a quality 25 year old LB and we really have the building blocks of success.

If we are making a statement and really want to push on saying the Lukaku and Barkley money are over and above the initial transfer kitty then we should go balls out here. We need to break the top 6 consistently and this will help us do it.

Spot on this. Look at the Kaita stuff. They have been told numerous times 70 million and even then it might be a know.

I see today they have bid 57. It's embarrassing. We are now mid July and that's their offer.

If they leave it until the season starts don't be surprised if they put the price up again. Don't be surprised for Liverpool to pay it. Then a string of articles in the Echo proclaiming how ourselves l, United, Red Bull Leipzig, Rangnick are to blame for making prices unrealistic (while they ask for 30 million for utter dross like Sakho or 20 for Markovic).

It will be filed under the Konoplyanka, Dempsey, Mbappe, mikhtarian, Costa, William folder. They will delude themselves these bids were anything other propaganda to appease the fans. Rinse and repeat.
Andy Carroll.

IF he comes back fully recovered from his injury mate, i don't want him anywhere near them, he is a exceptional player - especially if he buys into the manager like he did with Koeman at Saints and possibly will do with the Llama across the park

They struggle to defend in space - he excels at that
They struggle at both end with set pieces - again he excels on them
They dont have anyone capable of bringing it out from the back - again another strong point of him

He wont fix them shipping goals - but he will improve them more than any other position if they get him.

Just ignore the fee and look at it as they get him, they improve a lot in one of their weakest parts of the team

He's no better than Johnny Evans. He's got a sexy name and funny hair so he gets noticed. It's called the Alexei Lalas effect.

The dude is average.

I like him. His age is a positive. We could have him, Keane and Coleman for years, get a quality 25 year old LB and we really have the building blocks of success.

If we are making a statement and really want to push on saying the Lukaku and Barkley money are over and above the initial transfer kitty then we should go balls out here. We need to break the top 6 consistently and this will help us do it.

I am using this statement in life every single day from now on.
"What you fancy from the bar? CArling?"
"Nah, none of that cheap s%*t, lets go balls out and go premium, get me an estrella damn" (*disclaimer*other premium beers are availible)

Think Koeman would love him but he wants to join them. I don't understand how a big storm was whipped up over them tapping him up and they even released a statement backing off the player yet they will end up going back in for him.

He's no better than Johnny Evans. He's got a sexy name and funny hair so he gets noticed. It's called the Alexei Lalas effect.

The dude is average.
Sorry mate he is far from average the man is a beast of a CB and for me is far and away the best CB in the league!!

I will say the same if he signs for the RS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back