Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Rumour Virgil Van Dijk

Status
Not open for further replies.

I'd bet my avatar for a year that he'll end up at Liverpool by the end of this august. It's inevitable.
Does that mean that the 'tapping up' of the player has effectively worked?? Therefore they will get away without any punishment..

Which is why we should bid it just to bump the price up

Test their nerve

Agree.
VvD is the real deal, Koeman knows him and if he thinks he's the right one to play alongside Keane, let's go for him.

Disagree, we'll be leaving ourselves to ridicule when he ends up there, like Collymore and Ince. No benefit to that.

Any potential bid from us would be seen as the spark that got the ball rolling in the VVD to LFC deal.

Disagree, we'll be leaving ourselves to ridicule when he ends up there, like Collymore and Ince. No benefit to that.

Any potential bid from us would be seen as the spark that got the ball rolling in the VVD to LFC deal.

I think we should tackle them head on over this

If they win this battle, then so be it, there's going to be many more to come

This will show we're not afraid to challenge them any more, even if we don't eventually get our man

The act of challenging for this player will show that "plucky little Everton" aren't afraid to take them on when it comes to stuff like this, and if we lose out now we can just chalk it up to it being too early in the project

It's the sort of ambition we need to be showing IMO

I don't mind paying big for a big time player

It's why I was happy for us to bid 50 Million for Butland or 65 Million for Virge

These are players with the "x-factor" that top four sides need

Yes ,this spot on. We complained when we didnt spend money on players. Not complaints are we are paying over the top. Players that have proven quality in any position will cost 40 mill plus. In 4 years we will be saying that was reasonable. Thats what the last 20 years of premier football has shown us. Pay top to get top. In saying that we will not be getting this kid as i believe he will go to the others before window shuts. We might as well open up a messi rumour thread. Too many of these threads with zeri and i mean zero substance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back