2022/23 Vitalii Mykolenko

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is the U23's left back? I would hope dyche has him in with the first team to have a look at him in training. Is it better to have a reserve who knows and plays that position but lacks experience in the team or to play a centrehalf at left back who has no to little experience of playing that position.

so you're going to play a guy who hasn't played in over 12 months , out of position , in the most important game of the season ? Good luck with that.
Desperate times require desperate measures. Rather Townsend than Holgate, or putting our best attacker deeper and negating his goal threat.

Who is the U23's left back? I would hope dyche has him in with the first team to have a look at him in training. Is it better to have a reserve who knows and plays that position but lacks experience in the team or to play a centrehalf at left back who has no to little experience of playing that position.
Campbell has been playing there, not ready by a long stretch .
Only one I would gamble on is Mills if we put McNeil back.
He can score a goal and puts himself about.

Onana at full back maybe? Not ideal at all and really we have to pray Myko is fit, but Onana has a very strong mentality and he's an excellent tackler - with McNeil helping out, this would avoid breaking up the midfield 5 we've had in the past few games that has worked so well

Onana at full back maybe? Not ideal at all and really we have to pray Myko is fit, but Onana has a very strong mentality and he's an excellent tackler - with McNeil helping out, this would avoid breaking up the midfield 5 we've had in the past few games that has worked so well

outside choice but maybe not the worst, gets another of our better players on the pitch

Patterson at Left Back....with one of the dopes at right back?

Or play a back 3 and put Iwobi/McNeil at left wing back?

Not as simple as that. Positionally, he wouldn't have a clue where to be - particularly for late runs in behind him. How would he do with a winger driving at him 1-v-1? I would definitely not be putting Onana at LB that's for sure.

Not as simple as that. Positionally, he wouldn't have a clue where to be - particularly for late runs in behind him. How would he do with a winger driving at him 1-v-1? I would definitely not be putting Onana at LB that's for sure.

Yeah you're absolutely right - just wondering if maybe that's something the coaching team could be working on at this very moment; I'm either just as unconfident positionally (Holgate) or alarmed by what other changes do going up the pitch (Keane, McNeil)

Status
Not open for further replies.