2023/24 Vitalii Mykolenko

He is but that's 2 goals now where he's turned his back on a shot and not put the block in. Done exactly same against Spurs.

Take one in the face lad, your bloody ugly anyway but loaded, so don't be worried about a broken nose or fat lip!
Yep if your man can put the ball in the corner then you've got your angles/distance wrong. Especially in the box.

He had a poor game defensively & going forwards yesterday - his closing down for the 2nd goal side on with his arms behind his back plus never marked his man properly or attempted to make himself big to put him off - a very good goal, but he has to do better....- crap happens when we were pushing for a winner.... that's possibly our better home performances this season & we got beat 3-1 - plus we tired as the game went on - as Dyche will not use more than one substitute .....

He see the other manager make substitutes = no response .... another trait I have noticed ..... we can use 5 substitutions the 2 at the end were a token gesture - a bit laughable almost made me cry TBH

He had a poor game defensively & going forwards yesterday - his closing down for the 2nd goal side on with his arms behind his back plus never marked his man properly or attempted to make himself big to put him off - a very good goal, but he has to do better....- crap happens when we were pushing for a winner.... that's possibly our better home performances this season & we got beat 3-1 - plus we tired as the game went on - as Dyche will not use more than one substitute .....

He see the other manager make substitutes = no response .... another trait I have noticed ..... we can use 5 substitutions the 2 at the end were a token gesture - a bit laughable almost made me cry TBH
All very true except for the hands behind back - given how trigger happy var is for penalties I can see why he does this..

Noticed McNeil coming inside a lot on Saturday leaving the space behind him open. He's far from the biggest problem, Mykolenko, but if you've got even a half-decent attacking full-back the space was there to be utilised and would have been a really good outlet for us. I think this was the plan tactically at times too but we didn't have any left-hand side whatsoever between McNeil and him. They were both poor on Saturday and it really showed because there was so much space over there, and we didn't create anything from that side.

He is but that's 2 goals now where he's turned his back on a shot and not put the block in. Done exactly same against Spurs.

Take one in the face lad, your bloody ugly anyway but loaded, so don't be worried about a broken nose or fat lip!
Exactly this! I noticed on MOTD2 that he turns his back when facing a shot. 'Unfortunately' he's not quck enough and only manges to get half a turn in by the time the ball whizzes past him, effectively turning side-on to the shot and making as small a target of himself as possible. I played a very low standand of footy but would stand up to a shot. It's all about thinking about it and not letting the fight or flight instinct take over. Stuff like this (as well as putting a penalty high to either side of the keepr) should be ingrained in training.

For the most part defence has been ok but attack has been the joke that keeps on giving
From a execution point of view, we created plenty on Sat but the execution is so bad. Myko and the full backs have to take their share of the blame for the attack, could be poor instructions but even when that is not the case his poor technique must make him hard to trust with the ball or making a run.