2023/24 Vitalii Mykolenko

He was marking Antonio, he has to tuck inside as Tarkowski made a move out to the crosser.

That may be true, but you've seen the replay mate and you know he's slow to get out to block the shot and when he's there, he turns side on so is only half the size he should be.

Turning side on isn't because he's marking Antonio, it's because he doesn't want to take one to the kipper.

He's normally been great at chucking his body on the line but he's deffo started turning his back a bit more the last few weeks. Maybe his new wife said stop taking one to the face otherwise I'm not marrying you, who knows!

From a execution point of view, we created plenty on Sat but the execution is so bad. Myko and the full backs have to take their share of the blame for the attack, could be poor instructions but even when that is not the case his poor technique must make him hard to trust with the ball or making a run.

He had a great chance 2nd half to slide a low cross right into the box (where we actually had 3-4 runners) and he stuck it straight into the keepers arms, under no pressure as well.

It's those small details (as Dyche likes to put it) that absolutely kill us game after game. Not just Mykolenko, but him, Godfrey, Harrison etc are absolutely woeful at it.

He had a great chance 2nd half to slide a low cross right into the box (where we actually had 3-4 runners) and he stuck it straight into the keepers arms, under no pressure as well.

It's those small details (as Dyche likes to put it) that absolutely kill us game after game. Not just Mykolenko, but him, Godfrey, Harrison etc are absolutely woeful at it.
With Godfrey I would honestly he put a blind cross in a few times, Beto will fight for it and doucoure usually makes some form of run. Instead he knows its not his game and he turns and recycles.

Myko will alwaus have very average technique but he does have the engine and not every run means you needs to get the ball to work, just move a defender and create space. I saw Brainthwaite deliberately put the ball in from of him by a meter or so to try and get him going forward but he wants to be stationary on the ball.