2024/25 Vitalii Mykolenko

Still insist mate that with a more flexible manager we should have sold Mykolenko for the 20-25 on offer.

Brought in another decent paced CB (I wanted the lad at Montpellier) and gone 3 at the back.

Instantly removes all the issues with us being the weakest at FB by miles. And Dixon probably develops better getting games not as an out and out RB but as a wingback or even right mid in a 3-4-3.

Still think Thelwells recruitment is with that as the near future aim.

Also Broja, Lindstrom, Ndiaye even Harrison would suit that wide ten spot.
Which is weird because I don’t see Kev lasting past this season. The transfer strategy makes little sense as you’d think surviving and finishing as high up the table as possible would be the priority to prepare for new ownership. The placement prize money is nothing to scoff at either

I like some of the players he has brought in and hopefully it puts us in a much better position longterm, but it will probably be at the cost of his job.

Which is weird because I don’t see Kev lasting past this season. The transfer strategy makes little sense as you’d think surviving and finishing as high up the table as possible would be the priority to prepare for new ownership. The placement prize money is nothing to scoff at either

I like some of the players he has brought in and hopefully it puts us in a much better position longterm, but it will probably be at the cost of his job.

Actually mate I think a new owner keeps him on.

Whoever ends up ow ING is will be fully aware of just how difficult a situation he's had to deal with financially.

If we stay up and he's brought stability wage wise and some talented younger players then honestly you could say he's done exactly what a DoF should do, long term strategy over short term personal accolades

I've probably been spoiled as the best left backs I've seen at Everton are Pat Van Den Hauwe Andy Hinchcliffe and Leighton Baines....Myko simply isn't good enough.....He tries his best and seems like a decent fella but I could do that and I'm 45....
We haven't even got another left back?
Shocking management on every level!
Will you be fit for Villa?

Actually mate I think a new owner keeps him on.

Whoever ends up ow ING is will be fully aware of just how difficult a situation he's had to deal with financially.

If we stay up and he's brought stability wage wise and some talented younger players then honestly you could say he's done exactly what a DoF should do, long term strategy over short term personal accolades
I don’t think that helps his case whether it is true or not. Moshiri and Bill are really the ones to blame in all of this for putting us in this situation. It is really damning though that Kev has not improved the fullback situation for Dyche whatsoever and left him with that depth chart. The only saving grace for Kev here is if Patto proves he was worth the money we spent on him and Dyche is the problem. Myko isn’t good enough and has no competition for the spot. It is a gigantuan stain on his record as was the Maupay signing

I don’t think that helps his case whether it is true or not. Moshiri and Bill are really the ones to blame in all of this for putting us in this situation. It is really damning though that Kev has not improved the fullback situation for Dyche whatsoever and left him with that depth chart. The only saving grace for Kev here is if Patto proves he was worth the money we spent on him and Dyche is the problem. Myko isn’t good enough and has no competition for the spot. It is a gigantuan stain on his record as was the Maupay signing
Difficult if the structure is set out so that both DoF and manager have the power have veto over new signings, particular if the DoF does not have the power to hire and fire managers. For example it has been rumoured that Thelwell has had eight transfer targets blocked by Dyche, we won’t know if any of those were full backs etc.

I suspect Thelwell wants to play a completely different style and formation of football to Dyche. Whoever does end up buying us will have access to that information.

I actually thought he played well last season, though only when Branthwaite was installed at LCB.

I remember loads of games last season where opposition RW/Fs never had a sniff, but only when Branners was alongside him.

I feel that Myko is a decent enough LB for the EPL, just not a top 8 player. Also, I think it is a confidence thing with Myko I feel, playing with Keane alongside you, with absolutely no communication, and wondering if he is where he should be, must be a nightmare for ay LB?

Plus the war in the Ukraine has recently hit a new intensity with the Ukrainian advances and the Russian 'terror bombing' retaliation.

Then lastly, he tore his ankle ligaments against the RS in our 2-0 win, and went off at HT. That was 24.4.24, he then returned to football vs PNE in a friendly on 3.8.24... An ankle injury for any player, but especially a FB, is probably the second worst injury behind stuffing your knee.

The lad obviously from about the 70-75th minute was struggling, and any manager, in a 2-0 dominating game like yesterday, should have hooked him and either brought O'Brien on and dropped McNeil back, or put Young on in a straight swap...

Cut the lad some slack. As if ** year olds could actually play better in the EPL as it is now... 🤣🙄

Got 11% of motm votes last season and came second overall and something like 7/8 motm’s.

But yeah, worst left back we have ever had 🙄
He is mate he got the Ukrainian vote. He did have a run of good games but it didn’t last long. He’s absolutely awful if you can’t see that by his positioning his body shape and game play then I don’t know what to say.

In an incredibly poor team though. He’s miles behind Digne and Baines thats for sure.
There’s no doubting that. But people act like he is one of the worst players we have. Statistically, he is good defensively.

He hasn’t looked good this season, but it really wouldn’t surprise me if he isn’t fully over his injury.

He is mate he got the Ukrainian vote. He did have a run of good games but it didn’t last long. He’s absolutely awful if you can’t see that by his positioning his body shape and game play then I don’t know what to say.
Come off it. If it was when he first signed, maybe, but not last season.

Pure revisionism pretending he didn’t play well last season.

There’s no doubting that. But people act like he is one of the worst players we have. Statistically, he is good defensively.

He hasn’t looked good this season, but it really wouldn’t surprise me if he isn’t fully over his injury.
I agree Marius, in this team with the 'Great One's' 4-4-1-1 setup, this is the only 'decent set up we've got (again in my fan's perspective only)

Pickford

RB? Tarks Branners Myko

RM? Garner Tim NDiaye

Lindstrøm* (When fit, currently I'd play Jack there and interchange with NDiaye, and put Garner at RB with Dixon at RM)

DCL (Broja/Chermiti when fit)

Just my opinion of course 😮‍💨

EDIT I could include Malanga who could give us tons of options (If we had a RWF and RB) but I haven't seen him play yet. Other than against us, and he was very NDidi indeed, didn't really notice him, but was everywhere and did all the dirty stuff (NB hard work not fouls etc)

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.