Confirmed Signing Vitaliy Mykolenko

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not much to be cheerful about, we are replacing a French international with a guy who at 22 was still in the Ukrainian league. Squad is weaker
Might be a Ukranian league but be honest...Kiev would probably beat us as they are probably better than us. Digne has been off form for around 18 months and now doesn't want to play for us. I would say for the last season Godfrey has been better at left back than Digne. He won't be as a bigger miss than you think and we get some money back from a degraded 28 yr old. Only my opinion like. When a club is skint (due to FFP) they have to wheel and deal and I think this is a solution

Might be a Ukranian league but be honest...Kiev would probably beat us as they are probably better than us. Digne has been off form for around 18 months and now doesn't want to play for us. I would say for the last season Godfrey has been better at left back than Digne. He won't be as a bigger miss than you think and we get some money back from a degraded 28 yr old. Only my opinion like. When a club is skint (due to FFP) they have to wheel and deal and I think this is a solution

This is a myth thought up by Benitez luvvies. Digne was good last year , its only this year when he has been restricted by that dinosaur that his game has been affected. He still remain 1 of the best in the league

EnSMDYrWEAwb219.thumb.jpg.755873a85039f898517c622d32c6f54c.jpg

This is a myth thought up by Benitez luvvies. Digne was good last year , its only this year when he has been restricted by that dinosaur that his game has been affected. He still remain 1 of the best in the league
Have to disagree. Been on the decline for a good while. Responsible for needless free kicks, going awol at the back leaving big gaps and just looking generally disinterested.....even before Benitez came.

I agree. Godfrey brought an energy that Digne didn’t. He was covered adequately when he was out and his recent form was not as good as his earlier form. It’s just Evertonians aren’t used to seeing players sold any more.

Kendal moved players on. Andy Gray was sold, Gary Lineker also, both after great seasons. The trick is to maximise the return and re invest wisely.

Agree on this abou Ben, left back in our best 2 games this season, at 28 this is the last real big move for Lucas, if we keep him until he is 30 we wont get anything decent for him

From what I remember, he started off well but suffered a nasty ankle injury that kept him out over the Christmas period, and then was really quite poor imo for the second half of the campaign. So with regards to this season, ofc there's a case to be made that a more defensive system limits the chance creation of a supposedly marauding left-back, but my view was that his poor form extends even further back.

Selling a relatively high-earner at 28 at a profit after several years of service is the model we ultimately need to adopt if we want to become even remotely sustainable over a longer period of time. However, ideally, you want to be negotiating from a position of strength rather than weakness, because valuations can quickly drop from 30-35m to ~20m once either party starts to kick up a fuss about things.

This is where Benitez's primitive emotional development worries me, and although I understand that a statement needs to be made when a player actively questions a superior's leadership early doors, I do hope that we don't start to see a pattern form of the more talented players being alienated by Benitez's 'zero-compromise' approach.

On topic: Zero clue if this fella's any good, but would be very much up for a team composed of Ivan Drago-esque thugs who can still mix it technically with the better teams in the league.

I agree. Godfrey brought an energy that Digne didn’t. He was covered adequately when he was out and his recent form was not as good as his earlier form. It’s just Evertonians aren’t used to seeing players sold any more.

Kendal moved players on. Andy Gray was sold, Gary Lineker also, both after great seasons. The trick is to maximise the return and re invest wisely.

From what I remember, he started off well but suffered a nasty ankle injury that kept him out over the Christmas period, and then was really quite poor imo for the second half of the campaign. So with regards to this season, ofc there's a case to be made that a more defensive system limits the chance creation of a supposedly marauding left-back, but my view was that his poor form extends even further back.

Selling a relatively high-earner at 28 at a profit after several years of service is the model we ultimately need to adopt if we want to become even remotely sustainable over a longer period of time. However, ideally, you want to be negotiating from a position of strength rather than weakness, because valuations can quickly drop from 30-35m to ~20m once either party starts to kick up a fuss about things.

This is where Benitez's primitive emotional development worries me, and although I understand that a statement needs to be made when a player actively questions a superior's leadership early doors, I do hope that we don't start to see a pattern form of the more talented players being alienated by Benitez's 'zero-compromise' approach.

On topic: Zero clue if this fella's any good, but would be very much up for a team composed of Ivan Drago-esque thugs who can still mix it technically with the better teams in the league.

Just on these 2 bolded comments, imagine being an opposition player lining up against Mykolenko and Godfrey.

That would be some tough going.

at 28, the interest and possible fee for Digne will never be higher. People like to complain that the club doesn't try hard enough to sign and produce younger talent. That we continually sign players to old and past their prime (Iwobi, Delph, Rondon, etc.). We go out and try and sign younger guy with potential (none of us really know what kind production this guy is gonna bring), and it's still not viewed as a win. Digne has not been the same this year and I don't really care what the reasons are, to be honest. Doesn't vibe with Benitez, doesn't like how he is being used, lack of interest, whatever. If you are on the pitch you give 100%. It's on our crest. And I don't want players that don't want to meet that expectation.

Status
Not open for further replies.