Transfer Rumour Vitor Roque

Status
Not open for further replies.
Barca are a club known for bad signings. But I'd also not associate them with getting it wrong selling young players. Generally speaking if they're moving a player on he's not very good.

Put both those two together and it doesn't look good for this lad. Especially given Hansi Flick and Xavi both don't like the look of him

Errrrrm, you sure about that mate?

Fabregas left on a free to Arsenal at 17
Pique to United at 18 for 4m
David Villa to Zaragoza for £2m
Icardi to sampdoria for 300k at 18
Hector Bellerin to Arsenal at 16 on a free
Reina to Villarreal at 20 for 500k
Arteta to Rangers for 6m at 20
Luis Garcia again to the rs for 7m at 24 but had been loaned out for about 6 years running.

Not even going into some of the players they bought then sold quite soon after for a decent profit only to badly regret it later (fat Ronaldo etc)

Good enough or not good enough you can only imagine we are looking for a replacement of DCL but I can not see Dyche playing with a 19 year old kid who is not 6ft tall as his first choice. And neither Beto or Chermitti seem certain starters

Luis Garcia again to the rs for 7m at 24 but had been loaned out for about 6 years running.

Not even going into some of the players they bought then sold quite soon after for a decent profit only to badly regret it later (fat Ronaldo etc)
Theyve got about 3 wrong on a list spanning 20 years then. David Villa was at Zaragoza ffs

Theyve got about 3 wrong on a list spanning 20 years then. David Villa was at Zaragoza ffs

Thing is though yeah they didn't get many wrong, but pretty much all the really young players we can go through who left Barca had been there since 5-6 so been getting evaluated for 11-14 years by the time the decision was made to get rid or keep.

Very rarely can I remember Barca ever really spending big money on a teenager - especially so with no European experience already under his belt

Thing is though yeah they didn't get many wrong, but pretty much all the really young players we can go through who left Barca had been there since 5-6 so been getting evaluated for 11-14 years by the time the decision was made to get rid or keep.

Very rarely can I remember Barca ever really spending big money on a teenager - especially so with no European experience already under his belt
True. They only paid £5m for Pedri. That's a steal. They've also got La Masia, which helps.

A lot of errors - transfer policy at club for youth is dependent on board in power (2003 was an election year where Laporta arrived and some youth exited during instability (Cesc, Pique and very nearly Leo)

Cesc was poached at 16 from La Masia by Wenger
Piqué at 17 by Fergie
David Villa was never a La Masia player, if anything he arrived too late at Barça
Icardi is not technically a La Masia developed player but was deprioritized due to disciplinary issues
Bellerin was poached at 16 by Wenger along with Toral

We could sign Messi in his pomp and Dyche would still start McNeil & Harrison
Except he started all of Maxwell Cornet Aaron Lennon and Jay Rodriguez ahead of him at Burnley in his final season. So I somehow doubt if he had a prime Messi on his hands he’d have any problem benching McNeil for him if he could do it for those players.

Barca are a clownshow. It’s kind of hard to count the kid out for that alone, but as others have said he hasn’t really done anything impressive or even looked impressive.

But- he is only 19. Physically he seems to have it. Can he grow into a more well rounded player? Can we afford the time to find out? I doubt he is Moise Kean- but he very well might lean more towards Beto which isn’t much better. Only 19 though so it’s unfair to label him a flop after going to Barca of all clubs. It’s difficult to succeed there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.