Wages and salaries

blueblue

Player Valuation: £60m
We all know that wages and salaries ate up an enormous amount of any money generated by the club in recent years.
However, you would expect that should be easing dramatically at this stage. We know that in season 2024 we had a very small squad.
We know that Dele Alli was probably the only player who was/is on huge money and contributed absolutely nothing to the season.
Andre Gomes leaves with Dele this summer and that leaves possibly Michael Keane and Mason Holgate as the two remaining on highest wages who contribute relatively little.
Holgate was on loan last season so our wage cost was minimal and at least Michael Keane was available to play but just not called on.

I had a look over the weekend at the players who have left the club recently. All of those listed below were on the payroll in season 2022/2023 for the entire year or at least for half a year up to January.
They are not included at all in wages for season 2023/2024. I may have one or two incorrect but I don't think so, I may also have not included player/players but again I don't think so.

In brackets afterwards I have included what I think might be reasonable guess at their weekly salary.
Nkonkou (15)
Mina (60)
Kean(50)
Gordon(40)
Lewis Gibson(10)
Tom Davies(30)
Townsend(40)
Begovic(20)
Price(10)
Rondon(40)
Broadhead(10)
Coady(50)
Vinaagre(20)
Maupay(50)
Gbamin(60)
D. Gray(50)
Iwobi(70)
Cannon(10)
Simms(10)

I also realise that some players were on loan and there would have been wages savings there and of course we signed players for season 2023/2024 as well as loaning Danjuma and Harrisson. I still feel however there should have been a substantial saving on wages in the accounts finishing nest month.

Its actually going in the wrong direction.

The wage bill should be increasing, its what clubs with ambition would do, instead our revenue reduces every year and so does our wage bill.

We are just circling the drain.

Of course its very welcome to get players not playing off the wage bill, but all it signals to me is a club on its arse.

Its actually going in the wrong direction.

The wage bill should be increasing, its what clubs with ambition would do, instead our revenue reduces every year and so does our wage bill.

We are just circling the drain.

Of course its very welcome to get players not playing off the wage bill, but all it signals to me is a club on its arse.

Before you start to go forward you have to sort out the issues that created the problem in the first place.

Too many non playing expensive players on huge salaries.
An almost complete reliance on Usmanov to provide the non football related income.

I think these are the two biggest problems that have to addressed.
The wages seem to be getting back in line.
Developing commercial revenue streams will take longer.

Does the wage bill include paying sacked managers? If so not having sacked a manager this season will help.
Nope, that has its own section.

wwwwww.jpg

This is the wages section.

wages.jpg