Wages and salaries

Its actually going in the wrong direction.

The wage bill should be increasing, its what clubs with ambition would do, instead our revenue reduces every year and so does our wage bill.

We are just circling the drain.

Of course its very welcome to get players not playing off the wage bill, but all it signals to me is a club on its arse.

The wage bill is far too high when viewed as a proportion of income.

You want to pay higher wages? Increase income first.

The idea that deliberately bankrupting the club is a sign of "ambition" is utterly deranged.

The idea that deliberately bankrupting the club is a sign of "ambition" is utterly deranged.
I would have thought it was a gimme that we increase our revenue first.

Yes, we should increase our revenue before we do anything else.

Our wages to revenue % is unworkable.

Unfortunately we are where we are because of financial mismanagement.

There is really very little to discuss if we don't discuss the finances.
What players will we be forced to sell because of our financial situation ?
Which players can we sign, if any, because of financial problems?

Everything we do as a club at the moment is finance dependent.

Therefore, trying to understand where we are and when there is the possibility of some improvement is probably all that is left.
Capitalism infiltrates hobbies these days. So painful.

The nature of accounts is that they're a year out of date by the time we see them! Last summer (2023) saw some big earners leaving- Mina, Iwobi, Gbamin. Plus Townsend, Gray, Begovic, Davies went. The wage bill will have decreased overall.
This summer we'll lose Gomes and Dele, that's £11m a year.
The 2024/25 accounts will start to see an increase in revenue because revenue for the new ground will start to come in. Season ticket money will be due and then the increase in matchday income and other events at the new ground will properly kick in from 25/26. Hopefully we'll have competent owners and an improvement in the football side as a result.

We had a higher income, about 20 million more in sponsorship (with 30 million more per season incoming). Another good proportion more from higher merit based payments also.

It's when the above collapsed through no real fault of the ownership it all crashed down.

But to bore people to death, as others have said Dele, should, come off the wage bill in the next month, he has been the only player not available to us.

Gomes also, although he has been available, 120k for a back up CM seems excessive, Longers and Danjuma will leave also, we have no idea if we are paying Danjumas wages, Harrison will also leave, but I suspect he will be back.

Goalkeepers
Jordan Pickford (HG)
João Virgínia (HG)
Billy Crellin (HG)

Right Backs
Séamus Coleman
Nathan Patterson
Ashley Young (HG)

Left Backs
Vitaliy Mykolenko

Centre Backs
James Tarkowski (HG)
Michael Keane (HG)
Ben Godfrey (HG)
Jarrad Branthwaite (UA)
Mason Holgate (HG)

Midfield
Amadou Onana
James Garner (HG)
Idrissa Gueye
Abdoulaye Doucouré

Wide Forwards
Dwight McNeil (HG)
Lewis Dobbin (UA)
Jack Harrison (HG) *

Strikers

Dominic Calvert-Lewin (HG)
Youssef Chermiti (UA)
Beto
Neal Maupay

So if we assume we save 260k in wages for the players leaving, what are peoples thoughts on that squad for next season?

Quantity wise I think it looks ok? We could probably do with adding a Wide forward, right? And maybe a midfielder, ignoring fees, that leaves us 260k for 2 players, which you would assume means a saving in wages.

Based on the above squad.

But to bore people to death, as others have said Dele, should, come off the wage bill in the next month, he has been the only player not available to us.

Gomes also, although he has been available, 120k for a back up CM seems excessive, Longers and Danjuma will leave also, we have no idea if we are paying Danjumas wages, Harrison will also leave, but I suspect he will be back.

Goalkeepers
Jordan Pickford (HG)
João Virgínia (HG)
Billy Crellin (HG)

Right Backs
Séamus Coleman
Nathan Patterson
Ashley Young (HG)

Left Backs
Vitaliy Mykolenko

Centre Backs
James Tarkowski (HG)
Michael Keane (HG)
Ben Godfrey (HG)
Jarrad Branthwaite (UA)
Mason Holgate (HG)

Midfield
Amadou Onana
James Garner (HG)
Idrissa Gueye
Abdoulaye Doucouré

Wide Forwards
Dwight McNeil (HG)
Lewis Dobbin (UA)
Jack Harrison (HG) *

Strikers

Youssef Chermiti (UA)
Beto
Neal Maupay

So if we assume we save 260k in wages for the players leaving, what are peoples thoughts on that squad for next season?

Quantity wise I think it looks ok? We could probably do with adding a Wide forward, right? And maybe a midfielder, ignoring fees, that leaves us 260k for 2 players, which you would assume means a saving in wages.

Left back and a right back needed, or Patterson to start playing.

Goalkeepers
Jordan Pickford (HG)
João Virgínia (HG)
Billy Crellin (HG)

Right Backs
Séamus Coleman
Nathan Patterson
Ashley Young (HG)

Left Backs
Vitaliy Mykolenko

Centre Backs
James Tarkowski (HG)
Michael Keane (HG)
Ben Godfrey (HG)
Jarrad Branthwaite (UA)
Mason Holgate (HG)

Midfield
Amadou Onana
James Garner (HG)
Idrissa Gueye
Abdoulaye Doucouré

Wide Forwards
Dwight McNeil (HG)
Lewis Dobbin (UA)
Jack Harrison (HG) *

Strikers

Youssef Chermiti (UA)
Beto
Neal Maupay

It may be pie in the sky but to me we need to invest in creativity, someone who can do something different or unexpected. Whether that be out wide or centrally makes little difference, but without it we are going to continue to be dull to watch and easier to play against. I am bracing myself for another season of playing for 0-0 draws away and win 1-0 at home. 🤞

It may be pie in the sky but to me we need to invest in creativity, someone who can do something different or unexpected. Whether that be out wide or centrally makes little difference, but without it we are going to continue to be dull to watch and easier to play against. I am bracing myself for another season of playing for 0-0 draws away and win 1-0 at home. 🤞
Theres not an area I look at and think, yeah, thats sound.

We have a very decent 11 we can put out, but outside of that, its bad, very, very bad.

Ive said before, we were lucky we didnt suffer any major injuries last season.