Votes: 342 56.1%
  • No

Votes: 268 43.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure.

Schneiderlin has become a totem of fan frustration with his demeanour and performances on the pitch as well as his apparent poor attitude (according to the Ferguson training incident) off it. I understand why people are exasperated with him and by extension the season.

Booing some players might trigger a response. A "I'll prove you wrong" mentality.

Schneiderlin, I suspect, isn't such a player. He's more likely to try less or go into his shell. Which is not ideal. However, it is hard to feel sympathy or to want to support him. I'm not sure that would work with him either.

If nothing else, booing is cathartic for the fans. And it may encourage his departure. Worked for cleverly.

When you can’t be arsed and openly defy and disrespect even the caretaker manager, you can’t sit there and be shocked that people boo you. He probably doesn’t even care, just like he hasn’t all season. I agree with others who say that it is effective in sending a message to the board and the manager, whoever that may be in the future, quite how we feel about him. If it hastens his departure or encourages him to actually start trying then good. Either are fine with me.

Wasn't there like, but I'd say it is. We've had lots of players who aren't great in recent years, who have tried their socks off for the club. I remember some idiot abusing Distin against Newcastle, because he made 1 error which I thought was uncalled for. Players make mistakes, some players just aren't good enough but as long as they try, most fans will support them. Anichebe was an example of somebody who wasn't very popular, however when he started trying harder, fans warmed to him. The problem with the Snide, is he doesn't try very hard, it has a disgusting attitude and he rarely if ever performs.

I'm not sure.

Schneiderlin has become a totem of fan frustration with his demeanour and performances on the pitch as well as his apparent poor attitude (according to the Ferguson training incident) off it. I understand why people are exasperated with him and by extension the season.

Booing some players might trigger a response. A "I'll prove you wrong" mentality.

Schneiderlin, I suspect, isn't such a player. He's more likely to try less or go into his shell. Which is not ideal. However, it is hard to feel sympathy or to want to support him. I'm not sure that would work with him either.

If nothing else, booing is cathartic for the fans. And it may encourage his departure. Worked for cleverly.
He'll sulk and do less if/when he plays again just to show he's having the final say on the matter.

He's hopeless. How anyone last season was raving on his meat and potato, nothing performances still amazes me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back