Was that as bad as anything you've seen at goodison?

1725269249117.webp

I think the feelings afterwards most resembled the feelings after the Divok Origi crossbar flap in the dying minutes of the Derby, but that was 'away'.
In terms of impacting the club, the 0-3 FA Cup defeat to Wigan at Goodison made me shudder with the same disbelief it had happened, also started the end of Moyes mediocrity.

Good job for Dyche the old cushions are now not on sale at 20-30 P in the Goodison Grandstand as he would have got pelted with them, the big Chump of a Hoofball Manager .....
...the money from that used to be enough to pay a player's wages for a week.

One game when we lost 4 - 0 the pitch was absolutely covered in them as I watched from the paddock, they stopped doing them a short while after that.

As my son texted me yesterday....

'They always find new ways to hurt us'.
My first ever game at Goodison was the 0-5 derby. I was also there for Tranmere so no it's not the worst.

Once they got their first goal was anybody even remotely surprised that they went on to win? I wasn't even angry, I just rolled my eyes. We are weirdly predictable when it comes to being crap.

I always despair when the opposition has a 'striker making his debut'.

:(

I can't remember being this dumbfounded after losing a match, ever. We've played well and lost before, we've been battered before by poor sides, we've been done by late goals before. I just can't remember such a lethal combination of genuine all-round very decent performance, complete self-inflicted capitulation and above all else a total neglect from our own dugout.

I haven't even had the strength to dig out any individuals in the team, my anger has been solely focused on our fossilised manager who completley sabotaged what was otherwise an excellent effort.

I agree with OP entirely, there's a reason this a new record. That is right, right up there with our worst ever defeats.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back