Was that as bad as anything you've seen at goodison?

Without reading this thread I assume that bizarre Newcastle home game just before Covid stopped football has been mentioned. That happened under Carlo and we know generally how good the team was in 2020 so accidents can happen to better teams.

Never watched highlights of that game since the night but just looking at soccerbase and Florian Lejeune scored in the 94th and 95th minute?! Guy was a CB for them so was it from two corners or did he just play upfront for the last few minutes like Keane sometimes does.

Bit of symmetry was Calvin Lewin scored the second goal in that game aswell.

I'd say yes but as a previous poster said Tranmere 3-0 was hard to take....
I remember taking my mate to his first match when I was about 15....he wasn't really into footy at the time...we lost 5-2 to QPR at home.....Les Ferdinand hat trick I think....that was bad...my old mate is a massive red now.(gloryhunter)..😡

It's not even in the top 50 of our worst results at Goodison.
I've witnessed us lose 4-0 to Bolton Wanderers - and that was when we were decent under Moyes.
I've even seen us lose to Tranmere.

It's been a rough 21st century for us.

I was at Turf Moor the night that Burnley came from behind to beat us. I knew that night that we'd be going down... but we fans somehow got the players over the line and we survived. Incidentally, a certain ginger haired fella was the manager of Burnley that night.

There have been considerably worse performances but in terms of just a completely shambolic and embarrassing collapse that is far and away the worst, even with other capitulations I can at least add some level of mitigation.

- Young stealing it 3-2 for Villa around 2008, Villa were a decent team back then
- Bournemouth 3-3, it was a draw
- Chelsea 3-3, again a draw and Terry was miles off for their equaliser
- West Ham 3-2 back were they had Payet, they were a decent team that year and we played most of the game with 10 men
- Newcastle 3-2 at their place under Silva, they had an offside goal go their way and this wasP ickford in the height of his loony stage
- Newcastle 2-2 under Carlo, was a draw
- Watford 5-2, Rafael Benitez

I can't excuse any of that 9 mins against Bournemouth

It's not even in the top 50 of our worst results at Goodison.
I've witnessed us lose 4-0 to Bolton Wanderers - and that was when we were decent under Moyes.
I've even seen us lose to Tranmere.

It's been a rough 21st century for us.

I was at Turf Moor the night that Burnley came from behind to beat us. I knew that night that we'd be going down... but we fans somehow got the players over the line and we survived. Incidentally, a certain ginger haired fella was the manager of Burnley that night.
Ever see any terrible games under Benitez FB?

Without reading this thread I assume that bizarre Newcastle home game just before Covid stopped football has been mentioned. That happened under Carlo and we know generally how good the team was in 2020 so accidents can happen to better teams.

Never watched highlights of that game since the night but just looking at soccerbase and Florian Lejeune scored in the 94th and 95th minute?! Guy was a CB for them so was it from two corners or did he just play upfront for the last few minutes like Keane sometimes does.

Bit of symmetry was Calvin Lewin scored the second goal in that game aswell.
I remember Davies passing a ball on the edge of our box straight to one of their players for the equaliser when all he had to do was trolley it downfield into touch around their area🙄

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back