Was that as bad as anything you've seen at goodison?

The mentality should instantly shift when Branthwaite comes back and Keane is hopefully banished never to return to the pitch again. Oh and a new manager would help with the mentality.
Branners will have to get back Dyche fit mate.

I expect to see Keane in the lineup for a while yet, with similar results to what we’ve had, as he won’t trust O’Brien to do better than his bezzie mate.

Branners will have to get back Dyche fit mate.

I expect to see Keane in the lineup for a while yet, with similar results to what we’ve had, as he won’t trust O’Brien to do better than his bezzie mate.

We will lose every single game that Keane is involved in, regardless of opposition. If Keane starts the next 3 games then they will be Dyche’s final games in charge.

it was a literal nightmare.

went from feeling supremely confident to worried when they pulled a goal back. then relieved when picko pulled off two wonder saves only to watch my weekend disintegrate into a dark abyss.

i did a dry sick.

Once upon a time, even during the 90s and naughties, we would generally have a decent home record. Typically 3 or 4 defeats and usually to perceived bigger clubs. However that aura has well and truly gone.

I've seen us lose to Charlton, Burnley, Bolton, Sheff Utd, Norwich, Wigan, Fulham just to name a few. Our brittle confidence has been obliterated over the years and it's not even a joke when an evertonian says: "even if we are 3 up in injury time I wouldn't be confident of 3 points"

We expect to lose.

We anticipate a collapse.

We have an inferiority complex.

I wasn't at GP yesterday thankfully, but I was listening to match commentary and you could hear the groans and smell the fear even st 2-0. Both lads said on 85 mins, "don't do anything silly" and "just see this out". Once they pulled one back I knew what was going to happen.

We are a tragic club. Steeped in misery and failure. Rotten and weak to the core. A laughing stock. What's the point in limping along like a terminally ill patient. Just for another year in the top flight. It's depressing.

I made a conscious decision a long time ago to not emotionally invest in Everton anymore. And you know what? It's works. It's better. We lose so regularly and disappoint so often, it means I don't get so annoyed. I actually laughed yesterday when I heard the inevitable 3rd goal go in.

The only downside is that of and when we do win, I don't get top bothered either. I watched the last Derby with 2 redsh*te pals in a bar and barely celebrated when we scored.

I promise every week that I'll not even tune in to watch our games but still can't look away.
Car Crash FC

Anyone under 40 is steeped in failure. It's no surprise we have dropped off when the glory days get further away each season and people's idea of success is survival on the last day or a 3-2 comeback win over Crystal Palace.

The DNA of the modern Everton fan now is soaked in plucky underdogism and misguided sentiment. Let's save Dele's career. Let's wrap Myko in flags. Let's hope Seamus can make a cross. Let's ignore that they are all sub-standard has-beens or never-will-bes.

We're a charity. We have nothing else to point to except a misguided sense of "decency". We certainly can't point to the trophy room or to genuine hope.

We saw a good few late collapses in Roberto`s second season if I remember rightly. Nothing like yesterday, but we seemed to always start to fade on 70mins. Worst I remember was us 2-0 up v Palace and losing 2-3 late on. We blamed it a bit on having European games to play that season.
If you give players an excuse to under perform, they will.

nssigned.webp

Definitely as bad as anything I’ve seen, like watching a walking football team taking on a group of 20 year olds straight out of the gym after a warm up. Absolutely horrible but more importantly this collapse was preventable but the manager was too busy “smelling” rather than using his experience and eyes.

bogie side port vale, and watching alexandersson limp about the pitch vs shrewsbury. If I could go back in time I'd hammer myself for the shambles to follow.

the support that was left had every right to boo.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back