Match Thread Watford v Everton 10/12/16 KO 12:30

Status
Not open for further replies.

Can see holgate come in as we go 3 at the back with coleman and baines as the wing backs. For me this is how he will compensate the loss of Bolassie.

This is the third time I've been here and I still can't think of anything to say. I can't remember ever feeling
so flat about Everton.

I think it's because I felt so positive about things at the start of the season, and now I understand the
expression 'It's the hope that kills you'.

we will open the game bossing possession, moving the ball around nicely, and generally dominating them, but in 30 minutes we create just a solitary chance, which we shockingly fail to convert. then in first half stoppage time, watford punt one long; it bounces off Barry's head towards Funes Mori, who lunges wildly and misses; whereupon Stekelenberg comes out to collect but somehow drops it onto an oncoming Deeney, who groins it in for the all-too-likely unlikely opener.

in the second half, Barkley comes on and drives the ball forward before both A) dribbling around aimlessly while the move breaks down and then losing possession and falling over and B) smashing it from distance into row Z (for a Watford throw-in). then deulofeu comes on and performs A but not B. as we grow desperate our discipline breaks down and we hoof it ineffectually at Lukaku. he is never in the box when we launch crosses, and we never launch crosses when he is in the box. finally in the 89th minute, we equalize through sheer dumb luck and either A) hold on to the draw or B) concede again in stoppage time through sheerer, dumber luck, depending on whether the glass is half full or empty.

Gana is magnificent throughout the proceedings.

watford will score in 60 seconds and on the 95th minute gana will lob the goal keeper from the half way line being the first shot on goal. watford have troy mclure, great on the simpsons

One of the few times I am looking forward to being in the air for this, mid way through an 8 hour flight. I could pay a small fortune to get wi-fi and then watch a normally dodgy stream on a dodgy connection.

Or I could just get tin hatted on the free grog, and steel myself for the inevitable when I check the result on landing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back