Match Thread Watford v Everton 10/12/16 KO 12:30

Status
Not open for further replies.
we will open the game bossing possession, moving the ball around nicely, and generally dominating them, but in 30 minutes we create just a solitary chance, which we shockingly fail to convert. then in first half stoppage time, watford punt one long; it bounces off Barry's head towards Funes Mori, who lunges wildly and misses; whereupon Stekelenberg comes out to collect but somehow drops it onto an oncoming Deeney, who groins it in for the all-too-likely unlikely opener.

in the second half, Barkley comes on and drives the ball forward before both A) dribbling around aimlessly while the move breaks down and then losing possession and falling over and B) smashing it from distance into row Z (for a Watford throw-in). then deulofeu comes on and performs A but not B. as we grow desperate our discipline breaks down and we hoof it ineffectually at Lukaku. he is never in the box when we launch crosses, and we never launch crosses when he is in the box. finally in the 89th minute, we equalize through sheer dumb luck and either A) hold on to the draw or B) concede again in stoppage time through sheerer, dumber luck, depending on whether the glass is half full or empty.

Gana is magnificent throughout the proceedings.

Leave it mate, I think most of us are depressed enough.

Looking at that Everton squad picture I shed a little tear for those on here who have never seen any better than Martinez' first season or Moyes constant flirting with the top six! So many good Evertonians who have never known the feeling of delicious arrogance that comes with knowing your team can play the Arsenals andManchester United off the pitch, but also kick the Stokes and the Watfords off it too! Halcyon days, much missed!

my_team_watford_vs_everton_161209.webp

Stekelenburg

Holgate Mori Williams

Coleman Baines

Gana Barkley

Mirallas Lukaku Deuleufeo

That'd be my starting 11 for Watford need to start playing Ross deeper especially with 3 CBs to cover for him

Think we will have to score twice to win.

I actually think we will though. 3-1 Everton win, cracks well and truly papered over as a result.

It's not that mental when you think about it and might be worth a go. It's not like we have an abundance of decent options and it can't be any worse, right?
He was terrible there under Moyes.

We have actual wingers that can play that position and it's up to Koeman to get the lazy buggers performing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back