Match Thread Watford v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Frank was bitten by the Burnley away performance. We get hammered away when we go to open.

This was his response to the earlier away day capitulations.
With respect mate tonight we were playing a team that have only won twice at home all season and are already relegated. I doubt they would have scored even if we took a time out and did the crossword. I get cautiousness when necessary but he got it wrong tonight imo. We had a good run going and could have beat these easily. This one is definitely 2 points dropped for me.

We aren’t as crap as Watford. We certainly aren’t as crap as Watford’s reserves. We had momentum from two big wins, using the same players.

Had we huffed and puffed and just not been good enough, then that’s one thing. We went hunting for a draw though. People still cryarse to this day about our inferiority complex under Moyes and yet this is the mindset Lampard asks us to go and play with in this game. Sickening.
A lot was bad decision making in the final 3rd. We had like 14 shots but only 3 on target

Mate they have been dire. Absolutely dire. There is no comparison with leicester.
Its a huge 2 points dropped.
But we go again at home.
We've been absolutely dire away from home mate... I know it hurts, and feels like it only ever happens to us, but it doesn't ?

With respect mate tonight we were playing a team that have only won twice at home all season and are already relegated. I doubt they would have scored even if we took a time out and did the crossword. I get cautiousness when necessary but he got it wrong tonight imo. We had a good run going and could have beat these easily. This one is definitely 2 points dropped for me.
It's also us though, as a counterpoint to what you've said.

WOMPAAAAA
Always said these games are crucial. 3 points tonight kills Leeds for good. Now they've got a lifeline at home against Brighton. This then puts more pressure for us to get a result against Brentford.

To me it could've been over tonight. Even losing it would've put us in the same position pretty much
NO. TWO Pt GAP BETTER THAN ONE. HOPE THIS HELPS

Imagine if we’d won the home game instead of getting smashed 5-2…… we are awful away from home, and the table reflects this.

With hindsight it’s a disappointing result but only Pickfords wonder saves got us the wins v Chelsea and Leicester. Watford never laid a glove on us but at the same time, given what we were up against, we should have won but as per the rest of this season - we aren’t very good either….

Status
Not open for further replies.