Match Thread Watford v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
If against all odds, Leeds manage to win both games with all their problems, we need 4 from 9, with 2 home games left and an away. I would have snapped hands off for that scenario a month ago. Evertoning it up would have have been losing tonight...

Disappointing, but not as disappointing as not getting a point. Crowd in fine voice. Enjoyed the oooo that's crept into the song. Iwobi showing signs of talent. And DCL needed maybe more time. Not exciting, a nerve-wracking grind. Still up. We go on....

All of this ‘Burnley won’t get another point…Leeds won’t beat Brentford makes no sense at all - have we learned nothing…

Surely it should be clear by now that anything can happen over 2/3 games. Burnley just won three on the bounce, Leeds are just one of those teams who could win the next two…especially against Brighton and Brentford.

Are we in the driving seat? Yes…but we need to step up in the next two home games again - and they will be tough as we will be expected to create chances and have more of the ball again...

it’s pressure now

Leeds are under massive pressure they need to beat Brighton and they play before us, they lose they know they are more or less gone. We will know what we have to do before we play. I just pray Leeds aren’t 1 point above us when we kick off.

How any of our fans are happy with that is madness. We are in a relegation battle and that was the 3 easiest points of the season right their on a plate. Most of their team was out, and the 11 on the pitch looked like they couldn’t even be bothered and we done nothing. No urgency, no effort, no desire, just shameful.

and it’s made this carry on still

Were there any chances you’d say we should have buried? Did we draw because we created sitters and missed them?

A back four and a front three playing close to each other and further up the pitch and we defo create far more, and clearer chances. We’re Everton so might have ballooned them all anyway but that’s life.
Gordon twice should have cut the ball across sooner. That’s why we are in this 9 goals in 13 games

It's also us though, as a counterpoint to what you've said.
Yes the same us that have just beaten Chelsea and Leicester and have the most amazing supporters in the world backing you up.

I know we have been crap all season mate, i despise most of these players and cannot wait for the season to be over but we could have easily won that game tonight given the opponent and our recent momentum if we had just been less cautious and more aggressive. Just my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.