Wayne Rooney as the next Everton Manager

• Yes

Votes: 325 54.9%
  • No

Votes: 267 45.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
It makes me laugh that people saying no to Rooney but want Graham Potter, Rooney has won the lot as a player, has played under the best manager in football history and yet people would prefer Potter because he is currently having a good spell at Brighton. Believe me if you saw some of the football Brighton have played under Potter he would have been sacked by now at Everton. Potter has won nothing and done nothing. Yes Rooney is inexperienced as a manager but he gets the club which is a common thing amongst Evertonians wanting their manager to understand. I would sooner have Rooney than Lampard, Mourinho and in that I include Potter. In my opinion Potter is the new English manager that the media and the sport latch on to during a good spell because he is English. If he was truly any good then why didnt United go for him instead of Rangnick
Absolutely irrelevant when it comes to managing/coaching, irrelevant, means nothing at all.

It makes me laugh that people saying no to Rooney but want Graham Potter, Rooney has won the lot as a player, has played under the best manager in football history and yet people would prefer Potter because he is currently having a good spell at Brighton. Believe me if you saw some of the football Brighton have played under Potter he would have been sacked by now at Everton. Potter has won nothing and done nothing. Yes Rooney is inexperienced as a manager but he gets the club which is a common thing amongst Evertonians wanting their manager to understand. I would sooner have Rooney than Lampard, Mourinho and in that I include Potter. In my opinion Potter is the new English manager that the media and the sport latch on to during a good spell because he is English. If he was truly any good then why didnt United go for him instead of Rangnick

no offence mate but i'd stick that in the worst post of the week if we had one.
What a load of guff about Potter.

Ok so you can want Rooney

But if you do then you can't say anything about the CV of another manager because he's literally done nothing and imagine the reaction if we were linked with him but he wasn't a high profile former player

Drivel and you need to Google paragraphs

Entitled to my opinion.

Yeah course. But the whats he ever won stuff. He's only been in the prem 2 seasons with brighton.
The have you watched brighton play..er yeah. Have you seen Everton play the last few years? Thats why i want him here.
He's not the second coming. But as said last night by someone else. If you cant see the potential.
Tbh your post had me thinking thats exactly the converstations i imagine in the Everton boardroom.
All opinions though you're right.

Roy keane won the lot under fergie, started his career in England with clough. Turned out to be a cr@p manager. Working under top mangers and winning loads doesnt necessarily translate into being a good manager. Just look at Bruce, Robson, ince, Tony Adams, graeme souness, Gary neville. All cr@p. I think its just a bit too early for Rooney, maybe in a couple of years time.

Status
Not open for further replies.